Can't access yahoo inbox with chrome,only on XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by mrapi, Feb 25, 2014.

1. mrapi

mrapi

Hi,I'm facing a strange problem for over 2 moths :
    on windows XP SP3 I can't access yahoo mail inbox with google chrome,I only can see this :
    i.imgur.com/xXawvWp.jpg
    other sites works fine,also gmail works fine.
    On the same computer I put a second hdd and I've installed W7Sp1 and also tested with W8.1,I copy chrome profile folder and also used the same chrome installer setup.
    On both W8 and W7 I could access inbox correctly,so after this test: there is something wrong on my XP,I can't upgrade it now,there is some I could do ?

thanks for any help!

mrapi, Feb 25, 2014
  2. mrapi

mrapi

One detail : on Xp I always got "ssl certificate error on yahoo messenger" before trying to access inbox
    on 7 and 8,no such message

mrapi, Feb 25, 2014
  3. mrapi

Elizabeth23

You should first check with google chrome forums to see if it is a compatibility problem.

Elizabeth23, Feb 26, 2014
  4. mrapi

mrapi

Hi
    Done,but no answer : h.ttps://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/CTtVCYajUmE
    thanks

mrapi, Feb 26, 2014
  5. mrapi

Elizabeth23

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110729134357AA0FJkj

Somethings you can try. Update your Adobe Flash Player, and Java script. Check for updates for your Windows. Check for updates for your browser Google Chrome. Clear out your cache, cookies, temporary files and browsing history. The easiest method to clean out those files is press simultaneously Ctrl, Shift and Delete keys while your browser window is still OPEN. This also deletes your passwords and banking information. Or view this page for further information: http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browse...

------------------------------------

Follow these steps:
    1) Go to Google Chrome Tool menu (Spanner icon in top right corner) -> Options -> Under the Hood -> Content Settings… -> Cookies -> Show cookies and other site data…
    2) Now you should get a window listing all domains which have stored cookies in your browser. Enter your web site which reports error in Search text box; on the fly your web pages will be filtered. In my case it is google.com. Now select Remove All button; which should clear all cookies for these web pages.
    3) Now again go to your web site which reported error, you should get it done this time.
    Source:
    http://www.nysoftech.com

==================

it has something to do with the https at the beginning and an unsafe script. If you click on the shield in the address bar it will allow you to load the script. I have a feeling it's another one of Yahoo's changes they've made recently. Google hasn't updated in a little while and this just started recently. Yahoo has been making bogus changes recently.

=============

you can try the above and see if they work, I do not use google chrome, and it may be a yahoo problem instead of google.

good luck, I hope the above helps

Elizabeth23, Feb 26, 2014
  6. mrapi

mrapi

thanks,I'll try it !

mrapi, Feb 28, 2014
Ask a Question