Cannot access online mail?

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by headoperator, Nov 1, 2012.

1. headoperator

headoperator

Yesterday I was attempting to boot from a disc and accidentally selected boot to the HD partiton and all types of weird things happened. For instance many of the programs already installed showed up as new programs installed, and my anti virus software showed it as a new install and I had to reenter my license. Now when I go to Yahoo or AOL I cannot acces my mail. When I click on the mail icon I get a screen that says there is no internet connection, however I can go anywhere else I want on the internet. I also was in the windows explorer wizard trying somethings there and clicked on restore defaults, that may also be an issue. So I am not sure what I did if anyone has any thaughts plese let me know. Thank you.

headoperator, Nov 1, 2012
  2. headoperator

red Guest

what were you booting? xp i guess ?,yahoo aol you had them working still? , would guess as now you have tried in install it has wiped the drive ? maybe if you have not done a full install can try to recover the drive but doubt it will work, as far as help you dont say if you run 32 or 64 bit or os my pal will be needed to use internet as this is updated still a little more info would be good
    long live xp:)

red, Aug 19, 2021
Ask a Question