can somebody provide a copy of the registry located c:\windows\repair

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by vlad, Dec 8, 2021.

1. vlad

vlad

Every once in awhile files get corrupted on my drive due to either old hdd or faulty ide cable , so this time when it happened my 80gb drive only shows 10306mb in bios and partition table gone.

I recovered windows partition and some files got corrupted. Trying to boot i got error system32/config/system missing or corrupt . The fix for that is replacing the following files: software, system, sam, security and default from system32\config with backup ones in c:\windows\repair folder. Problem is system file is corrupted in the repair folder also.

Can somebody please provide the the files software, system, sam, security and default from c:\windows\repair folder so i wont have to reinstall windows.

Thank you for helping me keeping this old machine running.

vlad, Dec 8, 2021
  2. vlad

red Guest

so i guess you used something other than windows to do the back up ? system repair can only be done on your comp, as no else can supply the files needed, would guess you need to do a clean install using xp then you can reinstall what ever is missing , try to boot in safe mode see if it works, am at a loss as to the sam file you refer to

long live xp :)

red, Dec 8, 2021
  3. vlad

vlad

i used mini win xp (a live cd version available on the hyren boot cd) to acces minitool partition wizard to recover my partition. it will not boot into safe mode without system file because it cannot load any drivers as that is a registry file containing the instruction on what drivers to load without that it will go into a reboot loop.

the files i mentioned in their original form are created by win upon installation they are the same on any xp pc and are stored in the c:\windows\repair folder as back up.

i will do a clean install as a last resort , if you could atleast upload just the system file from the folder i mentioned above i would highly appreciate it as nobody i know uses xp anymore and i cant get it from anybody else.

vlad, Dec 8, 2021
  4. vlad

TMTGTR

Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

TMTGTR, Dec 9, 2021
  5. vlad

TMTGTR

Software is too large. Here are the others

Attached Files:

TMTGTR, Dec 9, 2021
  6. vlad

ClippyBeer

If your drive only shows this amount in BIOS then it's a hardware issue, the drive is faulty and no Windows repair will work on it.

ClippyBeer, Dec 9, 2021
Ask a Question