can idownload updates for windows xp sp3now

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by chandra, Mar 28, 2016.

1. chandra

chandra

i did not care about some of the updates, which this system need. can i update now . please let me know the link. are there available or they have removed all those things.
    Let me also understand , how to see the installed updates , that is downloaded if i select automatically updates option in windows update in windows xp. sp three version

chandra, Mar 28, 2016
  2. chandra

Cammygirl192

Cammygirl192, Mar 28, 2016
  3. chandra

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Mar 28, 2016
  4. chandra

chandra

Hi, I need window updates. For eg. my dvd drive reads and writes to cd r and dvd r only. It does not recognize the dvd rw or cd rw , so there is no read or write. But as per specifications, my drive supports both. If i could get the updates regarding this, i could fix those problem. Windows xp has a major flaw that it does not automate the updates for device. I think msoft has altogether, took away the server containing those updates. Micorosoft fix does not work with some vague error like connection to server could not be established.
    All are not available in portable microsoft fix it. So, is there any idea , how to update missing updates and how to view the installed updates in xp, my old friendly OS with Mr. dog as search helper

chandra, Mar 29, 2016
  5. chandra

Elizabeth23

Your device updates are not microsoft updates, please give the following information:

make, model and model number of your pc

laptop or desktop or netbook or notebook

make, model and model number of your drive both the cd and the dvd drives.

Elizabeth23, Mar 29, 2016
  6. chandra

chandra

HP laptop 540 notebook.
    Optiarc dvd rw 7530 A ata , I am having only one dvd drive.
    Hi, i did try to find the drivers for my dvd drive, it is plug and play model, i think.
    During windows xp existence, there was no support for dvd. from the OS. They would have released their updates then. I chose only required updates . My original DVD that came with the notebook has to be replaced with the present dvd rw.
    I did check read but did not check the write capabilities, but all the programs say that it is capable of writing to cd rw and dvd rw

chandra, Mar 29, 2016
  7. chandra

Elizabeth23

above is from the sony website here

===============

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxGqvCoQxmnBc0NURTdYUElNZDQ/edit?pref=2&pli=1

above is a driver download for your optical drive

============

http://www.sony-optiarc.us/support/contactandtroubleshoot.html

you should really go to the vendor at the above contact page , describe how you installed the device, your os, your laptop make and model, and what drivers you have installed so that you can get a bit more technical help,

IMO, if you have a dvd rw optic drive and it is not writing then it is a hardware problem not an os problem.

8. chandra

chandra

Hi, I need some more advise on this. It was just replaced by technician, by removing the older defective drive came with the laptop at the time of purchase.
    Is it possible that cdrom.inf of the OS, becomes correct, so does not recognize it.
    I tried imgburn an it came with Layouts do not match error. Nero, gives error no 1031.I use sony dvd rw and cd rw.
    Please, would you say how to install this driver in my xp machine. in my laptop. I will give futher more details in my next post. Can i just click it to execute. There was some mentioning of Flash warning. Pl let me know how to install the downloaded drivers in the laptop.

chandra, Mar 29, 2016
  9. chandra

Elizabeth23

any driver should be an .exe and double clicking on the download should open it and you can follow any prompts.

.inf is inherent to the cd NOT the cd drive (of dvd)

to test you drive, insert a blank dvd/cd rw. NOTE some dvd drives do not accept cd disc only a dvd disc. after you have inserted a blank disc, can you copy ANY file to the drive?

let me know I will be online for a while yet.

10. chandra

chandra

So, there is no need to do anything physically, in laptop.Just exe to the driver to install. OK.
    Yours is a software update , and not a firmware update. Pl confirm.
    I will test and post it in my next post. Because, i found a alert on your post on firmware updates.
    Please confirm. I am right on online

chandra, Mar 29, 2016
  11. chandra

Elizabeth23

the link for the driver update is for the driver not the firmware.

12. chandra

Elizabeth23

going to sleep now. :)

13. chandra

chandra

i have downloaded and while executing, this gives total download page. Is it not individual download. It just says you could download lot of things.There is no driver link. pl. i could not enclose jpeg, as the size of jpeg is very small

chandra, Mar 29, 2016
  14. chandra

Elizabeth23

above from here

you can try the solutions listed in above thread, but I believe that your best bet would be to contact sony, I believe that your drive is defective. and as it says above that you do not need a driver and I would not install a firmware update unless sony tells you to.

Ask a Question