can i have the xp search in my win 7 machine

Hi,

can i have the xp search engine, along with or without win 7 search. That was wonderful search engine compared to the win 7.

Hi, Your link goes to google search. Please give the exact solution link . Googling has given little help in restoring xp companian dog search.
Is it possible to have

@chandra, sorry, but I am not going to read through all the threads looking for the solution, when you are perfectly capable of reading through all the solutions and choosing the solution that works for you. :)

Hi, I am asking for xp support as i have a laptop running xp sp three. what made you think otherwise, i do not know.
i thought that if xp forum members know the technique, then i will use on the machine i have it on windows seven.Now it may be clear, why i ask at your forum. If i approach win seven, then they will say, that it is superior to xp companian search.
if you know, how to take the component of search in xp and install it on windows seven, it may give a solution. i do not know where to look for search component in xp

The way you put it made me think you wanted Windows 7 help, but if you want to implement a similar in W7:
I think the Windows Desktop Search program has similar features to Search Companion.

For XP, haven't you got the 'Search' in Start Menu or has something disappeared there?

Hi, for windows xp i have no problem. But i want that companian to my win seven, as stated in my previous reply. Would you give link for the alternative you have given windows desktop search program. can i use it in windows 7

I believe it's included by default.

I think you can just use Search Options after you make search in 7, and then edit setting to your preferences. It's not same and doesn't have the dog but it's very similar to using search companion.

Back