Building a Windows XP PC

Discussion in 'Windows XP Hardware' started by StoneFur, Aug 18, 2021.

1. StoneFur

StoneFur

Hello, I am new to this forum and I have also never built a computer before. So with that in mind, keeping it simple, what hardware do I need to build a simple 8gb PC for Windows XP 64bit operating system? (I can't find any simple lists online)

StoneFur, Aug 18, 2021
  2. StoneFur

red Guest

would be better trying for 32 bit for xp sp3 , you will need old win 7 pc good to start if you want 64 bit but cannot mix 32 and 64 if old win 7 then to boot will need to go into bios and rest to boot in compatible mode from sata otherwise xp wont boot
    any old pc will do for xp my pal browser will get you back on internet , Malwarebytes will help protect on line and there are still a few anti virus that update still on xp , the better the build the faster it runs can get a good copy of xp sp3 from major geeks or internet archive both are free to download major geeks is under system internet archive under cd rom software gl
    long live xp:)

https://www.mypal-browser.org/

red, Aug 18, 2021
    StoneFur likes this.
  3. StoneFur

Samir

Well first of all, 8GB is too much for xp. To build a new PC for xp is an exercise in futility. Your best bet to to pick up a used off-lease dell optiplex prior to the x020 series as they still had native support for xp. Not only will it work better, but it will be far cheaper.

Samir, Aug 28, 2021
    algol likes this.
Ask a Question