BSOD at startup Winxp 64 bit

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by black5ent, Mar 18, 2013.

1. black5ent

black5ent

STOP: 0x0000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005,0xFFFFFADF8BFF8B59,0xFFFFFADF90A0E910,0xFFFFFADF90A0E320)

I am only able to get into safe mode...

black5ent, Mar 18, 2013
  2. black5ent

Elizabeth23

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330182

read this and give the rest of the error message, so we can find out which driver is causing the problem.

================

then I want you to run the recovery console, it is better to do it outside the windows environment, but it can be done within

go to start, run, type in cmd

in cmd prompt type in chkdsk c: /r and press enter
    type Y for yes press enter
    type exit, press enter, restart pc, and let finish, this can be a lengthy process depending on the size of the harddrive
    if any errors are found, run again until no errors are found

view report by going to start, control panel, administrative tools, event viewer, applications, winlogon.
    ----------------------

below are instructions to burn a Hiren's boot cd from a working pc, and ensure it is bootable.
    Courtesy of Jose Ibarra:
    Anywho, to make a Hiren's boot CD, do this:

I am going to recommend you use Hiren's boot CD (it will also go on a USB drive).

This is good for you because it has many more tools on it that on the XP Recovery Console CD, does not care about your Administrator passwords and you will not have to futz around in your BIOS if any afflicted system has SATA drives - Hiren's can deal with that.

You will have a whole bunch of cool tools that you don't have in the XP Recovery Console... a registry editor, password resetter, and a desktop that looks like Windows XP so you will feel comfortable maneuvering.

You can also easily copy your personal data (documents, images, music.) to an external drive.

From a working system, first download Hiren's Boot CD from here (it is a substantial download but worth it):

http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/ (look near the bottom of the page, do not click on any ads).
    http://www.hirensbootcd.org/burning/
    Instructions

Unzip the Hiren's to some folder where you can find it. There is a Hiren's.BootCD..iso in there that you are going to need next.

Hiren's has instructions to make a bootable USB that you can use, but it requires you to first burn the .iso to a CD and some other steps, so I suggest another way...

Download RUFUS 1.20 from here (read some stuff on the page so you can know more about it):

http://rufus.akeo.ie/

I will caution you to be careful that you don't accidentally format any of your hard drives - be sure your USB stick is in and know what the drive letter is! This part always makes me a little nervous, so be careful.

Launch RUFUS and all the defaults should be okay, for the Device, choose your USB drive letter, Quick format, FAT32, label it if you want to and in the Format options box, click the little icon that looks like a CD and a window will open. Navigate that dialogue to point to the folder that contains the Hiren's.BootCD.15.iso that you unzipped earlier and the box should change to say ISO image (RUFUS understands the Hiren's ISO file).

Double check you have the right Device selected in the top (NOT you HDD) Click Start, acknowledge the warning and let it finish (it will take a little while) as it copies the files. The Hiren's ISO is also good size.

When RUFUS is done, it will say 'DONE' in the bottom.

Put the USB stick in the afflicted machine and reset/reboot and press whatever key you need to press to get to a boot menu where you can select the USB as the first boot device (that is F11 for me). If you don't see a boot menu choice, you will have to adjust your BIOS to boot from the USB first instead of the HDD.

When the Hiren's menu comes up, choose the Mini XP Mode and it will start loading (slowly from a USB drive) and eventually you should see a Windowsy looking desktop. You should recognize that part and feel comfortable, but it is not your desktop - it is the Hiren's desktop!

Remember: You did not boot on your hard disk - you booted into the Hiren's desktop

Elizabeth23, Mar 18, 2013
  3. black5ent

black5ent

BSOD at startup WinXP 64

this is the only info on the screen...

STOP: 0x0000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005,0xFFFFFADF8BFF8B59,0xFFFFFADF9 0A0E910,0xFFFFFADF90A0E320)

I have booted to the Mini XP desktop. Attached is the chkdsk report

Attached Files:

black5ent, Mar 18, 2013
  4. black5ent

Elizabeth23

you want to run with the /r parameter

chkdsk c: /r there will be five stages.

if you are doing this through windows, error checking, then check both boxes here

go to my computer, right click on local disk and choose properties, choose tools, choose error checking.

5. black5ent

Elizabeth23

did you install anything or remove anything prior to this error?

6. black5ent

black5ent

I will run chkdsk now as described. I did not install or remove anything from the computer.

black5ent, Mar 18, 2013
  7. black5ent

black5ent

Should I do this in Safe mode or mini xp?

black5ent, Mar 18, 2013
  8. black5ent

Elizabeth23

either, if you run through Hiren's the message will stay on the screen

if you run through windows, you will have to look in event viewer, as described earlier.

---------------------

Also look in device manager for any warnings. ( right click my computer in safe mode, choose manage, choose device manager.)

9. black5ent

black5ent

There are no warnings in the device manager... I am waiting for the 5 stages to complete... Currently half way through phase 4

black5ent, Mar 19, 2013
  10. black5ent

black5ent

What are the next steps after "Phase 5" completes?

black5ent, Mar 19, 2013
  11. black5ent

Elizabeth23

if checkdisk finds and fixes any errors, then run again until no errors are found.

do not worry about security discriptors, just see if any errors are found.

-----------------once check disk is clean

try to boot normally, What happens? if you can see what says is causing the issue, if you still get a blue screen, 7E is a driver issue

Elizabeth23, Mar 19, 2013
  12. black5ent

Elizabeth23

13. black5ent

black5ent

BSOD winxp 64

The 5 phases of error checking have completed. The system still has the same issue. Still goes to blue screen on startup.

black5ent, Mar 19, 2013
  14. black5ent

black5ent

I will go to the google article now

black5ent, Mar 19, 2013
  15. black5ent

Elizabeth23

do a clean boot

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353

this will tell us if it is a start up program that is causing the blue screen.

do not bother with the guided help, most of the time it will not install, just go straight to method 2.

Ask a Question