broken / corrupt pathways

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by BluenoteDave, Oct 4, 2019.

1. BluenoteDave

BluenoteDave

I had a problem regarding Avast last January. the result has been that I cannot bring certain files up.
    eg. C:\ Program Files\NCH Software\Switch\switch.exe - 'the specified pathway does not exist . . check and try again. This applies to 3 pathways.
    It is my fault, after the problem with Avast I tried to delete it from control panel, would not let me, I tried various ways but to no avail, so I went into registry to delete entries . . . yes you guessed !!!!!
    but I cannot get any help on how to reinstall not even Avast or any other virus checker.

BluenoteDave, Oct 4, 2019
  2. BluenoteDave

Elizabeth23

if you have a program like Switch above, then just reinstall the program then you can delete it if you choose

avast has a tool to uninstall, so you will need to reinstall the program, and then use their tool for that particular version of avast to remove, you can get it from their website

Elizabeth23, Oct 4, 2019
  3. BluenoteDave

jim davis

GET ON THE PHONE WITH THEM AND DEMAND THEY FIX THE ISSUE
    THIS CRAP HAPPEN TO ME AND THEY TRIED TO CHARGE ME TO FIX THEIR FREE STUFF. i ASKED OPERATOR HER NAME AND SAID i WOULD EXTRADITE HER TO THE USA IF SHE DID NOT FIX FREE.

they are very aggressive about making money, but i was more aggressive about not getting ripped off. THEY MAKE ENOUGH MONEY OFF YOU STEALING YOUR UNDERWEAR SIZE E BAY PURCHASES

jim davis, Oct 4, 2019
  4. BluenoteDave

BluenoteDave

Thanks for your reply, the problem is, yes, I can delete and I can download, but I cannot install - the message comes up - 'the specified pathway does not exist' I believe it to be 'missing' or corrupted via the registry (since December 2018) also my system restore isn't working. Everything else works, email, internet, but the 2 items that I used to use all the time cannot be installed onto my computer - how can I repair it??

BluenoteDave, Oct 15, 2019
  5. BluenoteDave

Elizabeth23

you may have to completely remove any item dealing with avast and NCH from the registry, do a search by clicking the edit/find/ and type in what you are looking for, with avast there are some asw*** files that will not let you delete from registry, what you have to do is right click on the item (ensure it is the item you want to delete) choose permissions, and add Everyone with full control to the list, then you will be able to delete the item.

also do a search through your pc, and unhide all hidden folders for anything dealing with the two programs.

then restart and see if you can install the programs.

Elizabeth23, Oct 15, 2019
Ask a Question