Blue screen

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by Mussolini72, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Mussolini72

Mussolini72

well my pc is an old laptop asus eee pxd1001 and everything was going perfectly until today I turned it on with total normality I entered the chrome browser and checking a news website my pc froze and the famous blue screen appeared

win32k.sys

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

stop: 0x00000050

win32k.sys address BF8EBDAD base atbf800000

It should be noted that if I leave it on with nothing open on the desktop nothing happens apparently it only happens with the applications well I'm not sure please could you help me I have the 32-bit windows xp sp3

excuse my bad english i'm latin american

Mussolini72, Apr 5, 2021
  2. Mussolini72

Elizabeth23

http://www.faultwire.com/solutions-...NPAGED-AREA-0x00000050-*1095.html?order=votes

win32k.sys page_fault_in_nonpaged_area 0x00000050

win32k.sys is a system file and is responsible for handling all software related crashes and dumps. If your are getting this blue screen error message it directly implies that there is a malfunctioning of any of the software drivers you have recently installed. The error page_fault_in_nonpaged_area win32k.sys can also be triggered while upgrading your software version or any loader files. If you are a game freak and have installed any new game try uninstalling this game and the driver it came with (Physx loader or any third party program). This should generally solve the problem for most of the users.

Another important reason for page_fault_in_nonpaged_area 0x00000050 error could be presence of malware in your system. Try scanning your system with anti-malware program. You can also use this program to run a complete scan of your system. If you happen to find any of such anti cyber material, delete and restart to see if the problem persists.

stop 0x00000050 page_fault_in_nonpaged_area also signifies logical error. This means any flaw in the code which has not been properly handled or closed in an improper manner. Say for example a request is handled in a hierarchy and all checks are done in a systematic manner. If a hardware is unable to pass such request or there is a new addition of hardware which does not corresponds to the hardware detection program, this will lead your system to show this page_fault_in_nonpaged_area 0x50 error.

Elizabeth23, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Mussolini72

Mussolini72

I discarded that it is the ram memory since I did a test with memorytest86 for more than 5 hours and no error appeared nor could it be the hard disk since both the hard disk and the flex are totally new, I bought them in October of last year and lastly, it may be a corrupt file or badly installed drivers. I format it tonight and I'll tell you what happened

Mussolini72, Apr 5, 2021
  4. Mussolini72

red Guest

i seem to remember it was a memory problem take out them memory sticks (if more than 1) and try each at a time if this works then memory may be overheating not had this happen at all in xp s

red, Apr 5, 2021
  5. Mussolini72

Mussolini72

It is not a memory problem because I analyzed 2 ram memories with memtest86 for a couple of hours and none appeared any error

Mussolini72, Apr 5, 2021
  6. Mussolini72

Elizabeth23

memtest has to run for several passes which generally takes more than 2 hours, and you have to test each stick individually, :)

also memtest 86+ is what you should be using.

also again, look at the link I gave you, memory is just ONE of the possible issues

Elizabeth23, Apr 6, 2021
Ask a Question