Blue Screen of Death on Windows startup.

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by ginger334, Mar 4, 2022.

1. ginger334

ginger334

Hi, the problem occurred after I tried to change the boot screen from Windows XP on Windows Vista, unfortunately, because the system does not start and crashes the Blue screen every time it starts, so is it possible to fix it?

if you have any idea how to fix this problem, please write in the comment!

ginger334, Mar 4, 2022
  2. ginger334

Adminsky

This happens because a system file was changed and isnt compatible/has anotner version. I solved this botting a live windows cd and rerun the software used to change the boootscreen and restore the default one.

If you has installed SP3/some windows hotfixes is better not to tray some old system tools.

Adminsky, Mar 4, 2022
  3. ginger334

Elizabeth23

you can boot to the recovery console and delete what you installed. that is the problem with installing incompatible items, :)

Elizabeth23, Mar 7, 2022
  4. ginger334

William Tucker

Try reinstalling the changed/corrupted boot files and try to see if that works. ;) (search online for the replacement files)
    If that does not work, try backing up all of your data including program files and documents and settings (optional), and try reinstalling windows XP.

Good luck, I hope this helps! :D

William Tucker, Mar 25, 2022
Ask a Question