Blitzkrieg 2 Editor Requires XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP Games' started by ushosp, Jul 29, 2017.

1. ushosp

ushosp

The game works great in Windows 7 but when they made those game changes (to Win7) they did not bother with the map editor. I worked in the editor in XP but it baffles me some and I'd rather pay someone else to tweak some custom single-player missions.

So I'll pay $200 US for ~25 minutes work in the Blitzkrieg 2 Map (mission) Editor...future high-$ tasks also.

The uploaded little PDF gives details, including various ways to get paid, anywhere in the world. The game is old-school so I am having trouble finding help with the editor.

Attached Files:

ushosp, Jul 29, 2017
    jbarradale likes this.
  2. ushosp

jbarradale

I used Blitzkrieg II editor since it came out in 2005. I started to work with the editor, but could never find help in creating a full single player campaign. I designed the first level, a map in Poland on the border. I gave up on a new campaign, but after playing the game many times, I decided, what if I added more units. So I modified all the standard levels to depict a "real" blitzkrieg battle with all the aspects of combined arms.

I did have trouble with the game running on my newer PC, but managed to get game and editor to work. It is a bit buggy, but it runs. Then I found the steam version. This also has the editor. I have both shortcuts on my desktop to run after steam is loaded. I am also a programmer with 30 years of experience. My first map added a script to place a Polish Officer at the front. When the officer spotted German units, he would get into jeep and drive back to the rear to order the execution of German prisoners. This is a secret objective in this level. It has been a very long time since I programmed anything, as I am told that I am over-qualified for those jobs. (IE: I am too old). So, I drive a bus now and earn less than what it takes to live like a normal human being, ie: be able to pay rent and still buy food.

I have used the editor in Win 7, so I am confused as to why yours does not work. The steam version (Anthology) is working fine.

jbarradale, Jun 29, 2019
Ask a Question