Blast from the past

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by ClippyBeer, May 9, 2022.

1. ClippyBeer

ClippyBeer

I was looking for something else one some old DVDs and came across this PDF I downloaded a long time ago.

[​IMG]

I have never seen a magazine dedicated to Windows XP (this magazine was available in the UK) but they are now defunct.
    It's fun to read through some of these old mags and see what was a high spec PC back in the days. This one is from 2004 so is primarily focused on Service Pack 2 but has lots of neat tips and software recommendations for XP.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/wqkix90zh1ghi78/Microsoft+Windows+XP+2004-12.pdf/file

ClippyBeer, May 9, 2022
    Chiron, Samir, j896 and 1 other person like this.
    1. Advertisements

2. ClippyBeer

Elizabeth23

that's pretty neat, :) Thanks.

Elizabeth23, May 10, 2022
    1. Advertisements

3. ClippyBeer

TMTGTR

very Cool!

TMTGTR, May 11, 2022
  4. ClippyBeer

Samir

Very cool to see this, especially the ads and women placed in ads all over the place (and even the cover) for no apparent reason, lol.

Samir, May 14, 2022 at 9:11 PM
  5. ClippyBeer

MisterEd

It is to get your attention. Did it work?

MisterEd, May 14, 2022 at 9:45 PM
  6. ClippyBeer

Chiron

Ah, the sweet scent of the past!

Thank you Clippy! You brought me back to the good old days when you could still believe Microsoft was primarily a software company... when you could still buy software rather than having to rent it for a monthly fee... when your data were kept safe in your computer rather than stored somewhere in a "cloud" where nearly everyone skilled enough may get them... when you didn't have to put a piece of tape on your webcam before kissing your girlfriend near the PC... when your name, data and preferences weren't sold to the best bidder to flood you with crappy ads... when you were still master and commander on your own ship... and, yes, when we all were 18 years younger:D

But way too soon the sweet reverie ended and reality hit back hard and mercilessly: in a few minutes I'll have to turn off my faithful XP, swap the hard drive with another expendable one and reboot into Win7 if I want to read the news, join my colleagues overseas in a Zoom conference and run my latest 3D software :rolleyes:

Bah, πάντα ῥεῖ , such is life... :(

Chiron, May 18, 2022 at 10:16 AM
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question