Black screen at startup

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by SmilinDoug, Oct 26, 2019.

1. SmilinDoug

SmilinDoug

So my computer has been running alright for the past couple of days. I installed all the drivers and it was looking good. Before I went on the internet I installed Webroot and scanned the computer. But today I started up my XP desktop computer, it ran post and got the windows screen, then went black/blank. I'd wait 10 or 15 minutes sometimes and the screen doesn't change. So I hit the reset button on the front of the case, then I select Safe Mode. I scanned the computer with Webroot and it found the firewall is disabled and the phishing filter in Internet Explorer is disabled.

I have never seen this before. I must have some bad luck with that rig.

I might not reply right away. I've got a terrible headache and sometimes they last for days.

Thank you for any help any of you can give me.

SmilinDoug, Oct 26, 2019
  2. SmilinDoug

Elizabeth23

get rid of webroot, and try 360 total security essentials by qihoo

Elizabeth23, Oct 26, 2019
    Janice likes this.
  3. SmilinDoug

SmilinDoug

I just don't like the idea 360 is from China. I don't trust too much from China, especially when it comes to software and computers.

SmilinDoug, Oct 26, 2019
Ask a Question