Bios reconfig for SDD

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by Paul77, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Paul77

Paul77

Hi,
    I have just replaced an ide hdd with a samsung ssd. But XP on boot still thinks I have an ide hdd installed, even though this has been removed from the PC, and is outputing the error message ""Ide hdd master not found. Press F1 to resume". On F1 it does complete the boot off the cloned ssd but I need to get rid of the F1 prompting. Presumably I need to delete the ide hdd from the Bios config. Can anyone inform how to do this?

Paul77, Apr 7, 2014
  2. Paul77

Elizabeth23

need the make, model and model number of your pc. Please.

Elizabeth23, Apr 8, 2014
  3. Paul77

Elizabeth23

reply 2:

from here

==========

from here

===========

I do not use an ssd so I looked up on google, there were lots of hits but try these threads first and send me the pc info and I can look online for your specific pc bios.

Elizabeth23, Apr 8, 2014
  4. Paul77

Paul77

Thanks for your reply. I'm away from the PC until the weekend so can't try out plugging into the first SATA slot. From memory it is in the 4th slot - but since it happily boots from there I don't see how the slot number can be the issue.

The PC was a Fujitsi Siemens but has been upgraded about 3 years ago so its now using an ASUS motherboard and is running XP with SP3. I'll check which ASUS model it is when I get back.

Basically its pretty much working as it boots from the SSD - the problem is that the BIOS needs to stop looking for the ide hdd. I notice when I changed the boot order to make the SSD the first choice it still lists the ide hdd so this device needs to be 'deleted' from the config. Its probably possible to do this with the standard Bios utilities, so the Bios firmware version probably does not matter, I just have not had to time to try to do this and want to avoid messing it up!

Paul77, Apr 8, 2014
  5. Paul77

Elizabeth23

Ask a Question