Bcrypt.dll?

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by XPAnarchy, Nov 1, 2021.

1. XPAnarchy

XPAnarchy

I've got a new version of a program and it said it couldn't open because it was missing a "bcrypt.dll"
    I looked up what this thing is and it's apparently a registry thing for Vista?? I googled it with "windows xp" and I haven't gotten a definitive answer whether or not I can actually install this on XP.

XPAnarchy, Nov 1, 2021
  2. XPAnarchy

TMTGTR

If memory serves twice I experienced this issue. I grabbed bcrypt.dll versions from a dll download site. Put the file in the program folder and the error message asked for another dll. did the same and then it asked for another, and another. Finally I got the Kernal32.dll incompatibility error. Needless to say I aborted the ambition to install the program. One was VSDC which I wound up installing a legacy version. Good enough.

TMTGTR, Nov 23, 2021
  3. XPAnarchy

Elizabeth23

suggest you go back to the old version, newer versions of some programs will not work on xp, :)

Elizabeth23, Nov 28, 2021
  4. XPAnarchy

XPAnarchy

Hey sorry for the extremely late post but
    I can't just simply go back to the old version.

You see this program is actually some kind of DooM engine called Zandronum
    Online DooM servers are now almost exclusively using this new version of the engine, rendering my computer basically SoL unless someone compiles the latest version in XP.

XPAnarchy, Apr 3, 2022
  5. XPAnarchy

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Apr 3, 2022
Ask a Question