Audio only works in skype

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by Dooddod, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Dooddod

Dooddod

Hello, I'm having trouble with my audio all of a sudden. I updated my flash player and now I have no audio from mp4s, mp3s, or any other audio files. However, when I'm on skype the audio is fine so I know my speakers and sound card are still working.

I've unistalled flash but that didn't help and I tried a handful of other things by going into the system admin area of control panel, but nothing has helped.

Any ideas??

Thanks.

Dooddod, Jul 12, 2015
  2. Dooddod

Rhino Cracker

flash doesn't have anything to do with mp3 playback.

Suggestion 1: Your default sound device has been modifyed.
    In that case: Got to Control Panel --> Sounds and Audio Devices --> Audio and change the standard devices.

Suggestion 2: Somehow you have changed the entry for the default playback device in your video and audio playback software.
    In that case I would have to know which program you are using to play mp3/mp4 and whether the usual system sounds are still playing.
    By example Skype got enmtries like this to make it use different speakers/microphones as your games.
    Most more complex audio/video playback softwares support settings like this.

Rhino Cracker, Jul 17, 2015
Ask a Question