Asus vx24ah monitor

Discussion in 'Windows XP Hardware' started by tinmar49, Aug 17, 2015.

1. tinmar49

tinmar49

My cousin has retired his 19 inch crt and got an Asus VX24AH led ips 2560X1440 monitor. He had to change the graphics card to an Nvidia GT210 which has hdmi at the required resolution. I loaded the latest XP drivers for the 210 but there is a problem. Both the Nvidia control panel and Windows display say that the recommended resolution is 1920X1080. The NVidia control panel has custom settings to get the higher resolution and when this is set, the Windows display can also be set to 2560X1440. The next problem is that the screen expands outward in all directions and has to be dragged to reach the edges. The stretch is even as the aspect ratio is the same. There does not seem to be any way to correct this in XP or in the monitor menu. Bringing up the monitor menu says that the screen is set at 1920X1080. I havn't yet tried the monitor on a later os, I have 7, 8.1 and 10 on my pc's. The monitor was bought from SCAN Computers.

tinmar49, Aug 17, 2015
Ask a Question