Anyone encountered r.srvtrck.com redirects?

Discussion in 'Windows XP Security' started by trimis, Oct 20, 2018.

1. trimis

trimis

trimis, Oct 20, 2018
    jim davis and cmccaff1 like this.
  2. trimis

cmccaff1

Have you tried installing Dan Pollock's custom HOSTS file? That should keep your system from trying to connect to that domain--it keeps me well protected. In fact, I can't recall any instances since I started using it of connecting to the site you're referring to, and I use Google's search engine a lot more than I probably should be--DuckDuckGo is in most cases better for basic searches, but it lacks certain features that Google offers; if DDG had those I'd be all over that in a heartbeat. In addition, Google has a variety of ways in which the home page is presented and as far as what features are offered to people using it to conduct searches; it adjusts based on the browser you use (a superb example of graceful fallback--sadly, not all search engines are as accommodating to older browsers).

cmccaff1, Oct 20, 2018
    jim davis likes this.
  3. trimis

jim davis

The only safe open source program/search engine in the world is Startpage.
    you can use old Firefox and use start page as a home/search engine page, but have the benefit of Firefox, even your service provider can not see were you go with startpage, the search address is encrypted in your computer, you can look at pages in proxy, the site you visit will see you as a robot, unless you unproxy the page.

Noscript
    will stop all redirects, until you OK them.
    it will block all scripts unless you ok them one by one,

Ghostery stops all trackers,

install Zamania anti logger free, shut off its updates, and it will always be free

Its your life, don't be clubbed and groomed into walking around naked so you can have something that under no circumstance's you must have, you already have what counts most, your personal privacy, nothing is worth more then that.

These above programs become second nature to manage in about a weeks, they are dam quick to use.

they are all made by folks who hate the invisible molestation by the internet.

jim davis, Oct 21, 2018
    cmccaff1 likes this.
  4. trimis

cmccaff1

You dropped a true knowledge bomb with this post! Thank you for sharing your insights--I'll definitely be making a note of this!

cmccaff1, Oct 21, 2018
  5. trimis

Elizabeth23

I do not get any redirects, Only have uBlock origin, what sites exactly will send you somewhere else??, can you post links so I can try them??

Elizabeth23, Oct 21, 2018
    cmccaff1 likes this.
  6. trimis

jim davis

Startpage uses a google VPN, so you get google without getting the adult infantile disorder molesters who run google.

start page also has encrypted e mail svc, which is becoming more and more a good idea, as data molesters like yahoo are completely out of control,
    they all need to go get a real job, and wash their hands of being data vampires.
    No real human being with dignity wants to live by manipulating others personal business, trust me, they have a screw loose, clinically delusions of grandeur is part of it. Part of being a adult human is respecting other people's space, as a matter of fact, real adults take pride in it.

I am not offering to hide anyone here from govt agentcys, which can not be done and I don't care about them anyway..........just the private sector nut cases

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    jim davis, Oct 26, 2018
    cmccaff1 likes this.
  7. trimis

jim davis

for a while i did not even have a fire wall, I had turned it off, just had advast,
    NO SCRIPT will stop all re directs, it will tell you what the re direct is
    and then you pick yes or no

jim davis, Oct 26, 2018
    cmccaff1 likes this.
  8. trimis

cmccaff1

I completely concur with you. The folks in charge of Google are definitely turning into 'data vampires.' Right now, I use QuickJava on Firefox 28 and Pale Moon 28...it seems similar to NoScript yet lacks the ability to record site-specific preferences, but lets me toggle JavaScript & other options (Java, Flash, SilverLight, cookies, images, animated images, and CSS) on the fly.

I'm going to have to give NoScript another go...I remember trying it a few years ago, but I soon ditched it & went back to QuickJava. I can imagine NS has gotten significantly better recently.

cmccaff1, Oct 27, 2018
Ask a Question