Any way of changing the look/graphics of the windows in XP?

Discussion in 'Windows XP Customization' started by krs000a, Oct 31, 2013.

1. krs000a

krs000a

I want to make my desktop resemble the old GEOS as much as possible, in order to do this I need to simplify the look of the windows, menues etc. To see a screenshot of GEOS, go to Google images and just search for GEOS.
    Is this possible? Is there an easy way to do it?
    It does not have to be a carbon copy, but as close as possible. Any ideas?

Thank you for reading.

krs000a, Oct 31, 2013
  2. krs000a

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Nov 1, 2013
  3. krs000a

krs000a

I don't really want to run the actual GEOS on my XP computer, I just want my OS to resemble the graphics and general look of GEOS. Is there a way to change for example how the windows look like in XP, to make them more primitive/basic looking as they look like in GEOS? Or is there no way to change their look period?
    I don't know if it requires programming or not. If someone is willing to help me achieve what I want I'm willing to pay for it, I have looked for this solution for so long without finding any answers.

krs000a, Nov 1, 2013
  4. krs000a

Elizabeth23

you can go online and search for xp themes and try it that way.

Elizabeth23, Nov 10, 2013
  5. krs000a

Leon

Get a Commodore 64!

Seriously, GEOS was first designed for the C64 in 1986, It looked almost exactly like a Mac.

For the current or last version of GEOS, try Windowblinds. You might have to try an older version depending on your computer's speed. If you can get it to work fast enough, Windowblinds can make XP look like *anything* - including GEOS, LCARS, marble, wood, ancient scrolls, pipes, leaves, even one of those newer Windows versions.

Leon, Mar 1, 2015
  6. krs000a

Termingamer2-JD

You'll have to modify uxtheme.dll so it bypasses the Microsoft signer check against visual styles.

Just patch it with a patching system like UXStyle or download the dll and replace it yourself, which is pretty easy to do.

I think this should be kept for reference as the user has left after making 2 posts.

Termingamer2-JD, Aug 28, 2015
  7. krs000a

devilmaycry

you can use GEOS based theme for windows xp. in case you don't find it, switch to windows xp classic theme....

devilmaycry, Jan 3, 2016
Ask a Question