Any bird watching enthusiasts over there in the USA?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Goldfynche, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Goldfynche

Goldfynche

That is if you can drag yourselves away from your keyboards.
    The reason I ask is that on the many U.S TV programmes we get over here in the UK. On outside scenes, I keep hearing familiar birdsong! As an avid birdwatcher I am intrigued to know if they are just dubbed sounds or whether we do actually share some species!

Goldfynche, Oct 8, 2017
  2. Goldfynche

jim davis

HELLO GOLDFYNCHE :):):)

Yes many of us watch birds, but not enough, its a very healing break from the rest of whats going on.

I have a great white owl as well, I was standing at the corner of my house and it
    came flying down the opposite side and went by 2 feet from my head almost completely silently.

I have a lot of metallic blue, blue birds, very shy.

And a ground thrush that prefers running to flight, and he is crazy as a loon, and now has a mate who makes him wait on her, she rejects half the berries he brings her to humiliate him, as she hides under a bush, its hilarious to watch.

J

jim davis, Oct 12, 2017
  3. Goldfynche

Goldfynche

Yes. Some birds can have great personalities. My main reason for asking was that in a recent episode of CSI Miami. Horatio and the gang were about to storm someones house, and I distinctly heard a Chaffinch.(A gregarious British bird) singing in the garden outside. It's common practice nowadays to dub birdsong to give a bit of atmosphere to a scene, and I've heard several different familiar bird songs in the past!

Goldfynche, Oct 13, 2017
  4. Goldfynche

jim davis

ha ha ha

I watch birds to forget the world of CSI, see enough on news.:eek:

my chipmunk is now coming out and looking for me when i whistle,
    she eats some of the finest organic nuts in the world, wish i could afford same for me :)

jim davis, Nov 1, 2017
Ask a Question