Android

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by priscus, Nov 8, 2017.

1. priscus

priscus

Have any of our forum members tried running Android on their PC?

I see lots of offers for CD of Android for PC on Ebay, and whilst this might not be the most desirable source, it seems that ISO downloads can be obtained from usual links on the 'Distro Watch' site.

Not sure what advantage it has to offer. Obviously useful if you have Android Apps, that you want to run on PC. Anything else on offer?

Do the Google features such as voice input with the on line enhancements work from Android on PC?

I do like my large HD screen and substantial keyboard that desktop PC has. OK, I know it is easy to use them with my Android tablet, but is that necessary if I can bring Android OS to the desktop machine?

priscus, Nov 8, 2017
  2. priscus

ChirunoIceFairy

I don't really like the idea of a mobile OS trying to work on the desktop. It's the same thing as like Windows 8+, where the desktop and mobile/tablet OSes are combined and it brings a poor experience on traditional computers.

ChirunoIceFairy, Nov 11, 2017
  3. priscus

Jaccerty

Running Android on the computer doesn't seem like a good idea , it's easy to bring viruses to your Android phone

Jaccerty, Nov 24, 2017
Ask a Question