Android-Pc

Discussion in 'Windows XP Installation and Setup' started by Hrvoje, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Hrvoje

Hrvoje

l have old pc, l use it only for presentations. l accidently deleted hal.dll program and now l cant boot him. Can l doenoload xp on android and then send it using usb cable on pc wich l cant boot. And install it, l dont have cd or usb flash. Please help!!!

Hrvoje, Oct 6, 2017
  2. Hrvoje

Elizabeth23

your pc does not have a cd or a usb flash capability?

there are a couple of things you can do

1. reboot a few times might clear up the problem
    2. run chkdsk with the /r parameter, but you cannot do this if you have no cd or flash capability and you cannot boot to the desktop or into safe mode
    3. you can remove the hard drive and slave it to another pc and then be able to run checkdisk .

I can give you a link to download the recovery console and burn to a cd or a flash drive but this will not help if you have no way to insert the device to the pc.

Elizabeth23, Oct 7, 2017
  3. Hrvoje

Hrvoje

l ha e for usb but l canot boot pc and my setup utility is on english.

Hrvoje, Oct 7, 2017
  4. Hrvoje

Elizabeth23

I am not clear as to your last reply

if you can not do a reboot with the pc screen then you will have to do a hard reboot by shutting off the power button, (this is not a good thing to do but sometimes it is the only thing to do) and you will need to get into the setup utility, if it is in english and you do not understand english, then please get someone there who is bilingual and can translate the bios for you. :)

Elizabeth23, Oct 7, 2017
  5. Hrvoje

Hrvoje

My setup utility is spanish, and l cant aces to desktop. When l start him it comes dark and says hal.dll please reinstall a copy of the above file how l can do that

Hrvoje, Oct 7, 2017
  6. Hrvoje

Elizabeth23

restart pc by shutting down power, and immediately start tapping F2 to get into bios, look for:

secuencia de inicio which means boot sequence in spanish and then look for:

disco duro which means hard drive to ensure that the hard drive is the first one listed

then exit and see if it will restart normally
    ==============

there are more steps listed in the link below if the above info does not work or if the harddrive is already listed first:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-fix-missing-hal-dll-errors-in-windows-xp-2623695

and you will have to use google to translate meanings in the bios to english so you can understand.

===============

follow all steps and ask any questions you are not sure of.

Elizabeth23, Oct 7, 2017
  7. Hrvoje

Hrvoje

l did evertything about that and guess what language wasnt slanish ou my sory men it was italian, l found boot and hard drive then l have something writes disco fiso 0 and disco fiso 1 and that like to 5, do l need new windows or l can fix this without cd or usb. Thank you and sorry

Hrvoje, Oct 7, 2017
  8. Hrvoje

Elizabeth23

you will need an xp install cd to replace hal.dll

sequenza di avvio is how to say boot sequence in italian and you want the disco fiso to be disk 0 and you want it listed first

or a boot disk like hiren's to boot to and allow to fix the hal.dll

Elizabeth23, Oct 7, 2017
  9. Hrvoje

Hrvoje

Wait l need windows xp cd to fix this or not

Hrvoje, Oct 7, 2017
  10. Hrvoje

Hrvoje

And, can l doenoload windows xp on android an somehow send it on pc with usb cable

Hrvoje, Oct 7, 2017
  11. Hrvoje

Hrvoje

And this is last question can l downoload windows xp on usb from other pc and somehow get him install in pc eich dont work

Hrvoje, Oct 7, 2017
  12. Hrvoje

Elizabeth23

you should download hiren's boot disk iso and burn to a flash drive, then you can use it to fix hal.dll by running checkdisk from hiren's

courtesy of Jose Ibarra:

How to get Hiren’s boot cd

I am going to recommend you use Hiren's boot CD (it will also go on a USB drive).

This is good for you because it has many more tools on it that on the XP Recovery Console CD and you will not have to futz around in your BIOS if any afflicted system has SATA drives - Hiren's can deal with that.

You will have a whole bunch of cool tools that you don't have in the XP Recovery Console... a registry editor, password resetter, and a desktop that looks like Windows XP so you will feel comfortable maneuvering.

From a working system, first download Hiren's Boot CD from here (it is a substantial download but worth it):

http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/
    (look near the bottom of the page).

Unzip the Hiren's to some folder where you can find it. There is a Hiren's.BootCD.15.1.iso in there that you are going to need next.

Hiren's has instructions to make a bootable USB that you can use, but it requires you to first burn the .iso to a CD and some other steps, so I
    suggest another way...

Download RUFUS 1.20 from here (read some stuff on the page so you can know more about it):

http://rufus.akeo.ie/

I will caution you to be careful that you don't accidentally format any of your hard drives - be sure your USB stick is in and know what the drive letter is! This part always makes me a little nervous, so be careful.

Launch RUFUS and all the defaults should be okay, for the Device, choose your USB drive letter, Quick format, FAT32, label it if you want to and in the Format options box, click the little icon that looks like a CD and a window will open. Navigate that dialogue to point to the folder that contains the Hiren's.BootCD.15.1.iso that you unzipped earlier and the box should change to say ISO image (RUFUS understands the Hiren's ISO file).

Double check you have the right Device selected in the top (NOT you HDD) Click Start, acknowledge the warning and let it finish (it will take a little while) as it copies the files. The Hiren's ISO is also good size.

When RUFUS is done, it will say 'DONE' in the bottom.

Put the USB stick in the afflicted machine and reset/reboot and press whatever key you need to press to get to a boot menu where you can select the USB as the first boot device (that is F11 for me). If you don't see a boot menu choice, you will have to adjust your BIOS to boot from the USB first instead of the HDD.

When the Hiren's menu comes up, choose the Mini XP Mode and it will start loading (slowly from a USB drive) and eventually you should see a
    Windowsy looking desktop. You should recognize that part and feel comfortable, but it is not your desktop - it is the Hiren's desktop!

Remember - You did not boot on your hard disk - you booted into Hiren's.

Double click My Computer, and right click your afflicted HDD, Properties, Tools, Error Checking, Check Now, put a check mark in the first box Automatically fix file system errors and click Start... then wait a while for it to finish which could take a long time, so be patient.

Elizabeth23, Oct 8, 2017
  13. Hrvoje

Hrvoje

Ty, but can l just bootable my usb and put in him windows xp. Then go to bios choose 1 remivable disk and just setup

Hrvoje, Oct 8, 2017
  14. Hrvoje

Hrvoje

Wait wait, downoload hirensboot and burn it on usb then what? Remember l can go in bios only

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    Hrvoje, Oct 8, 2017
  15. Hrvoje

Elizabeth23

after burning the iso to a usb, place usb in the pc, and then go to bios and choose the usb as the boot option

Opzione di avvio USB = usb boot option in italian

Elizabeth23, Oct 8, 2017
  16. Hrvoje

Hrvoje

Wait wait for what do l nees iso now,

Hrvoje, Oct 8, 2017
  17. Hrvoje

Hrvoje

l downoloaded rufus and did everything exvept hirensboot, noe l have windows xp on my usb flash drive what now

Hrvoje, Oct 8, 2017
  18. Hrvoje

Elizabeth23

same thing, go to bios and choose boot sequence and set usb as the first choice to boot from

Elizabeth23, Oct 8, 2017
  19. Hrvoje

Hrvoje

l did it and it says cant find operating system ( impossibile trovare sist operativo

Hrvoje, Oct 8, 2017
  20. Hrvoje

Elizabeth23

okay, are you sure that you changed to boot from usb??

are you sure that your pc can install xp from a usb?

on my pc Dell Dimension 3000 I can install everything except xp from the usb, something about xp being pe built, I did not understand the terminology, but I cannot install xp from a usb only cd or dvd.

usually when you get a can't find operating system it means that the bios is still set to boot from hard drive.

===================

https://www.oxhow.com/install-windows-xp-from-usb-flash-pen-drive/

found the link above , read through and see if the solutions help you to boot from a usb.

Elizabeth23, Oct 8, 2017
Ask a Question