Almost too good to be true!

I just Googled my laptop description and got back a massive list of updates available, including a program that apparently will install any updates automatically!

MANY non ms xp updates coming out have bugs

which give you subtle advice
on which way to go, SEE I GOTTA BE CAREFUL how i write this cause many of these very nice enhancements sue forum owners for telling the truth, thats half of how they make their money. They Hire some micro wave mutants to jam a forum with negative posts that are very dam true, and then sue, cause some where in the fine print the patch said it will bug you and you agree to be bugged.

There is one guy at................... computer.com that promotes his own patches that are bugged. he acts like he just heard about them.

I recently put together a(nother!) computer with XP compatable mobo.
I installed 360 tot sec& it after 2 or 3 boot-ups located & installed all ms xp updates, no muss, no fuss, painlessly.

(gigabyte AM!M-S2H mobo - I think I posted about this before)

-c-

What has been the experience of forum members with the 'unofficial' SP4 offerings that can be found?

Myself, have only tried one of them. It was the one emanating from Greece. Sure enough, my download, found on web, did contain a Trojan. I forget the name of the particular specimen. It was, however quickly detected and disposed of by whatever AV I had running at that time, and did seem to be problem-free thereafter. I used it for a couple of years, though no-longer have that particular machine.

What has been the experience of forum members with the 'unofficial' SP4 offerings that can be found?

Myself, have only tried one of them. It was the one emanating from Greece. Sure enough, my download, found on web, did contain a Trojan. I forget the name of the particular specimen. It was, however quickly detected and disposed of by whatever AV I had running at that time, and did seem to be problem-free thereafter. I used it for a couple of years, though no-longer have that particular machine.

ITS A VIRUS, I KNOW OF THE MANIC WHO BUILT IT

Back