AHCI driver

Discussion in 'Windows XP Drivers' started by Xpuser32, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Xpuser32

Xpuser32

So I installed Windows xp and I'm looking for an AHCI driver, I'm using a Toshiba Tecra A11-S3540 PTSE3U-00R00G, the factory image was damaged and had issues so I deleted the partition, I remember the driver said something like intel series 5 6 port.
    I have looked for a driver but I can't find it, can someone please help?

Xpuser32, Apr 28, 2018
  2. Have you tried deleting the primary IDE controller and then installing Intel Rapid Storage Technology? I use that same model and this worked for me.

Skeleton11223, Apr 28, 2018
  3. Xpuser32

Elizabeth23

The (Intel Matrix) Storage Manager driver files from the "F6flpy" directory of Toshiba's Intel Matrix Management package must be added during the manual XP installation when asked to "Press F6 if you need to install a third party SCSI or RAID driver".

In order to add the AHCI driver:

1. Download the latest XP (Intel Matrix) Storage Manager Package from the Toshiba driver download web page. http://pc-support.toshiba-europe.com/drivers/
    2. Unpack the Zip-file and copy the files from the appropriate Chipset sub-folder of the F6flpy directory to a floppy disk as Windows XP only supports adding mass storage drivers from floppy disk.
    3. Connect a USB FDD to the notebook and insert this floppy disk.
    4. Start the XP installation and press F6 when queried.
    5. When prompted "S = Specify Additional Device". Press 'S' and specify select the Matrix driver on the mass storage driver selection screen.
    6. Press 'Enter' to continue with the installation.

To make sure that you are installing the latest driver for your notebook model, please use the driver from the Toshiba driver download web pages.

above came from THIS page

Elizabeth23, Apr 28, 2018
  4. Xpuser32

Vineet Garg

Vineet Garg, May 1, 2018
Ask a Question