Activation loop

ok so we have an xp box that we control a custom dry kiln with. I use acronis to back it up, we had a harddrive fail so i installed a new one restored to it. Boots up says cant verify activation blah blah so it says to reactivate so i click ok then says its already activated then you click ok it jumps to this needs to be activated before you can log on.. if i reboot into safe mode go to regedit change the Oob key i can reactivate and it will fire up until I restart then it does it all over again. This happened 3 years ago when I had to reload to to file corruption but for the life of me I cant remember the fix. Thank you for any help

Good luck

When my PC got struck by lightening I had to replace my hdd.

Of course, activation baulked.

Tried telephone activation, expected m/s would nod it through.

No such luck.

Just got from m/s "that activation code has BEEN USED"

Me: "Of course it has, I am the person who used it"! Explained what had occurred all over again.

Wasted a couple of hours of my valuable time with a number of folk at m/s, repeatedly going round the same loop.

Eventually gave up and installed Linux instead.

Got my own back by installing for free Linux systems for now more than a thousand users who would otherwise have used a M/s O.S.

Yah boo microsoft, you suck! I will do anything I can to contribute to your demise!

One good turn deserves another, and the converse also applies.

Back