A serious problem with hardware.

Discussion in 'Windows XP Hardware' started by quadmachine, Dec 7, 2013.

1. quadmachine

quadmachine

I've reinstaled windows on my HDD (western digital 120 gb),used a friend computer.Got back home,plugged the hard drive and i had the surprise to not work.The HDD led is permanent on(red), returned to my friend to check HDD and it was fine.Again returned home and same HDD issue.If i check on BIOS Halt on NO ERRORS appears the loading screen and trying to access desktop,it pass from welcome and is moving so hardly..it's like thos gifs with loading..will never load.

I've tested RAM memory (it's OK), processor same, SATA cables..what could cause the hardware issue?

quadmachine, Dec 7, 2013
  2. quadmachine

Elizabeth23

xp needs special drivers to be installed for sata drives, these drivers can be slipstreamed into your installation cd or you will have to put them on a floppy disk and install when asked during installation to press F6 .

1. was there a reason you could not install on your own pc?
    2. are all your drivers installed?
    3. do you need a bios firmware update?
    4. is sp3 installed?
    5. run the recovery console with fixboot or fixmbr?
    6. http://jcalcote.wordpress.com/2008/01/05/installing-windows-xp-on-a-sata-drive/
    installing sata drives w/o a floppy drive
    7. was the original drive sata?

Elizabeth23, Dec 8, 2013
  3. quadmachine

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Dec 8, 2013
  4. quadmachine

quadmachine

I'm not so dumb, i just installed windows wich will create temporary files on the 8mb free space(swap space).That is avaible when you install drivers and not a fresh install of windows.

The real problem was the motherbord, 2 condensators (1000 microfarads) and 1 coil were burned and inflated near the RAM slot.I could repair the motherboard but is kinda old,so i will buy a new one.

Thank you for ur assistance.

quadmachine, Dec 9, 2013
  5. quadmachine

Elizabeth23

okay, sorry I could not help, :)

Elizabeth23, Dec 9, 2013
Ask a Question