64 bit xp

R

red

just be given 2 old dell inspiron made a good 1 out of the 2 but now stuck ,my copies of xp are all for 32 bit and laptops are 64bit so do i need a 64 bit version of xp ? or is there a trick to get mine to install
ty :)

ok so stupid question ;( just got xp64bit so trying it now came with key so not so bad:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Very easy to do. I've done this many times. Switch the bios to legacy and just install away. While it's installing, go download all the xp drivers for the hardware. Once it is up, copy the drivers to the new system using a usb drive and then load in the drivers. Reboot as needed and you're done!

Sweet. Several of my systems can handle much more ram, so this might be the way to go on them if timefreez or reboot restore work with them and some portable browser is available that's decently modern.

Sweet. Several of my systems can handle much more ram, so this might be the way to go on them if timefreez or reboot restore work with them and some portable browser is available that's decently modern.
I use mypal and 360chrome on my xp 64 bit. I have an i7 2600 with 8 gigs of ram and ssd so its really fast.

Back