16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem message keeps appearing

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by spidersilva, Apr 5, 2014.

1. spidersilva

spidersilva

I downloaded Malwarebytes Anti-Malware the supposedly # 1 program for getting rid of Malware and ran the threat scan and it found about 27 threats then it fixed them. Now I keep getting 2 windows that pop up at the same time. one says C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe, that window has a scroll bar to it and if you scroll down there's nothing to see since everything is just black. The second window is titled: 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem, and it says: C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\S32EVNT1.DLL. An installable Virtual Device Driver failed DLL initialization. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application. I have an option of close or ignore. So I close it then 5-10 minutes later both of them come back up again, I've also tried ignore but I get the same result. I haven't had any problems using, restarting or starting the computer, just these windows keep popping up. I deleted Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. So what can I do? Thanks for reading.

spidersilva, Apr 5, 2014
  2. spidersilva

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Apr 6, 2014
  3. spidersilva

spidersilva

I used Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and it got rid of the problem, I updated it, I have the premium version now.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
    spidersilva, Jun 19, 2014
  4. spidersilva

Elizabeth23

great! :)

Elizabeth23, Jun 20, 2014
Ask a Question