Minimising XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by halenrauch, Aug 1, 2018.

1. halenrauch

halenrauch

Hello.
    I have a Dell Latitude 2100 with the 12.6GB solid state drive running the 32bit XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3. I want to run some car maintenance software for my Renault Trafic that I can take with me to sort out any problems on the road hence the SSD. I do not need internet connection, email, games or anything else apart what is necessary to run the program. Can anyone suggest what I can do to cut down XP to the barest minimum. I guess I will have to have a bootable version.
    Mant thanks

halenrauch, Aug 1, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. halenrauch

Elizabeth23

read through the items listed in the enclosed .zip file, it is a word document with a list of items that you should not remove with nlite to make an xp lite install cd.

you can just remove a lot of programs, go to BlackViper and disable all the services that you will not need (read all the info on each service), and in add/remove go to remove windows components on the left hand panel and then you can remove the games etc. that you do not want,

Attached Files:

Elizabeth23, Aug 1, 2018
    WindowsXPforever likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question