Minimising XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by halenrauch, Aug 1, 2018.

1. halenrauch

halenrauch

Hello.
    I have a Dell Latitude 2100 with the 12.6GB solid state drive running the 32bit XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3. I want to run some car maintenance software for my Renault Trafic that I can take with me to sort out any problems on the road hence the SSD. I do not need internet connection, email, games or anything else apart what is necessary to run the program. Can anyone suggest what I can do to cut down XP to the barest minimum. I guess I will have to have a bootable version.
    Mant thanks

halenrauch, Aug 1, 2018
    cmccaff1 likes this.
  2. halenrauch

Elizabeth23

read through the items listed in the enclosed .zip file, it is a word document with a list of items that you should not remove with nlite to make an xp lite install cd.

you can just remove a lot of programs, go to BlackViper and disable all the services that you will not need (read all the info on each service), and in add/remove go to remove windows components on the left hand panel and then you can remove the games etc. that you do not want,

Attached Files:

Elizabeth23, Aug 1, 2018
    cmccaff1 and WindowsXPforever like this.
  3. halenrauch

cmccaff1

It was proven with MicroXP, TinyXP, and TinyBeast that it is possible to trim XP down to impressively small sizes & still keep all of the essentials but I'm not sure of the legality of these versions (I'm not sure if MS would care too much given their push to kill XP off; it's not as contentious an issue now as it was several years ago). If you're focusing on having the smallest XP possible then MicroXP should be your point of reference for what you may want to do as far as trimming down your XP--it is definitely the golden standard.

cmccaff1, Sep 15, 2018
Ask a Question