XP activation problem (and another installation problem).

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by Fugazi95, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Fugazi95

Fugazi95

Hey everyone, this is my first post on this forum.
    Anyway, I have a pc with win XP professional SP2 installed on it. Two days ago when I logged in to windows there was a message that said that I must activate windows. When I clicked ok it said that windows is already activated, so I clicked ok but then windows logged off!
    I googled this problem and found numerous solution like logging into safe mode and editing the registry or writing commands in cmd but nothing seems to work!
    This led to the discovery of another problem. I tried to repair windows by reinstalling it from the cd, but during the process I get the good old blue screen of death (stop error 0x08e).
    Is there anything else I can try to solve the activation problem? If no, then what about the installation problem?.
    Thanks in advance!

Fugazi95, Jul 3, 2014
  2. Fugazi95

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Jul 3, 2014
  3. Fugazi95

Fugazi95

Thanks, but I already tried the solution in this link and it didnt work. And I cant really activate windows because as I mentioned, when the activation windows pops up it says that its already activated an then I click on exit and windows logs out.

Fugazi95, Jul 4, 2014
  4. Fugazi95

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Jul 4, 2014
Ask a Question