Windows XP SP3 installation issue - Copy Error - Setup cannot copy the file *.dl_

Discussion in 'Windows XP Installation and Setup' started by Almighty1, Nov 27, 2023.

1. Almighty1

Almighty1

Does anyone know how to fix this as I have tried from both the ISO extracted to the HDD and also on a actual CD-R I had just burned where the file is in E:\I386 as seen below but it wouldn't copy the file and keeps giving me the same prompt. It is probably 20 or so files that does this but if I cancel on all of them, it will still install Windows XP without issues.

[​IMG]

Almighty1, Nov 27, 2023
  2. Almighty1

Almighty1

It appears this happens to the following 15 files followed by the description if any:

1) snmpcl.dl_ WMI SNMP Class Library
    2) snmpthrd.dl_ WMI SNMP Thread & Log Library
    3) staxmem.dl_ Microsoft Exchange Server Memory Management DLL
    4) admexs.dl_ IIS AdminEx sample DLL
    5) AppConf.dl_ Microsoft Internet Information Services Helper library
    6) iisadmin.dl_ Microsoft Internet Information Services Metadata and Admin Service
    7) iisfecnv.dl_ Microsoft Internet Information Services FE Character Set Conversion Library
    8) infocomm.dl_ Microsoft Internet Information Services Helper library
    9) iscomlog.dl_ Microsoft IIS Common Logging Interface DLL
    10) lonsint.dl_ Microsoft Internet Information Services NT specific library
    11) nsepm.dl_ Microsoft Internet Information Services NSEP mapping DLL
    12) rpcref.dl_ Microsoft Internet Information Services RPC helper library
    13) uihelper.dl_ Microsoft Internet Information Services UIHelper Module
    14) davcdata.ex_ Microsoft Internet Information Services HTTP-DAV common data
    15) icwconn1.ex_ Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard

So it appears that on the Copy error, if I select Cancel, it will ask a question of
    "Do you want setup to continue without copying file?" which has a Yes/No and regardless which I select, it will continue without copying the file and Windows XP will finish the installation and reboot and work correctly. So not sure if it's the ISO that's bad or the file already exists on the HDD expanded but may be a older version if it compares CRC.

Almighty1, Nov 28, 2023
  3. Almighty1

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Nov 29, 2023
Ask a Question