Windows XP Network Connections Issue

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by Monstabrowne, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Monstabrowne

Monstabrowne

Recently, my network Connections folder has stopped functioning correctly, and whenever I try to open it, it only returns a blank folder. I cannot connect to the internet wirelessly, and thus have an Ethernet cord in my system now. I have tried antivirus scans, re-installing network drivers and hardware, restarting all system services, and restoring the system to its earliest point. DxDiag fails to run a diagnostics of the Network. If there is any way I could revive the folder and my wireless internet connections, please teach me how.

System Specifications:
    Windows XP Professional 2002 Service Pack 3
    32 Bit

Monstabrowne, Apr 13, 2013
  2. Monstabrowne

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Apr 13, 2013
  3. Monstabrowne

dperecky

Try this... This worked for me- in an XP SP3 32bit system. Had Internet connection, but nothing else:

Control Panel | Network Connections

On that screen, Right-Mouse click on your different objects... Whereever you have a 'repair' option in the little submenu, click on it to allow XP to repair the connection.

After that, reboot in Safe Mode w/Networking.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
    dperecky, Jun 18, 2013
Ask a Question