Windows XP Activation August 16 2023

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by garthmicro, Aug 17, 2023.

1. garthmicro

garthmicro

All day today I have been working on a Windows XP Home computer. I was hoping to install Windows XP on a tower and then change the product key and activate Windows XP. It now appears that the blue screens beginning with "Let's Activate Windows" are no longer available. That means I won't be able to get to the blue screen "Activate Windows by phone". Does anyone know if it is still possible to activate Windows XP or simply stop Windows XP from asking for activation? I have heard of the app, xp_activate32.exe, but will it work without the "Activate Windows by phone" screen??

garthmicro, Aug 17, 2023
    Samir likes this.
  2. garthmicro

garthmicro

The picture shows the "Let's Activate Windows" screen that comes up. Unless something is wrong in my Windows installation it appears that Win XP activation is no longer an option. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Attached Files:

garthmicro, Aug 17, 2023
    Samir likes this.
  3. garthmicro

Samir

Where did you get this copy of windows xp?

Samir, Aug 23, 2023
  4. garthmicro

MisterEd

I just activated two Windows XP computers earlier this year. Phone activation didn't work so I had to call Microsoft customer support. They were very helpful in helping me activate my computers.

I have various versions of Windows installed on virtual machines. Most I don't bother to activate unless I have to to. Windows XP is different. If you don't activate it within 30 days you can no longer log in.

Somebody in these forums posted a workaround to get around activating Windows XP the official way. I will use that for my virtual Windows XP computers.

Windows XP activation algorithm cracked
    https://www.xpforums.com/threads/windows-xp-activation-algorithm-cracked.934798/

MisterEd, Aug 23, 2023
Ask a Question