Windows XP activation algorithm cracked

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by ClippyBeer, May 29, 2023.

1. ClippyBeer

UK-Tim

This business of windows XP "activation" seems to have passed me by, is it perhaps possible that if you use a Volume Licence Key (VLK) that "activation" isn't required?

UK-Tim, Oct 5, 2023
    cleverscreenname likes this.
  2. ClippyBeer

tekkaman

As far as I know there are different XP versions for home users vs Volume Licence. I use for example XP 64 and it doesn't require activation at all. What I mean is that you can't use a VLK key on a Windows version that it's not VLK. It won't even accept it to install Windows.

tekkaman, Oct 5, 2023
  3. ClippyBeer

UK-Tim

Thanks Tekkaman,

Re-reading the thread made me realise I was confusing "Genuine Advantage" with "Activation", and now you mention the different iso's I can now vaguely remember trying to convert non-VLK iso's to VLK, presumably because of the Activation problem. I also ran XP64 for a year or so (Which also didn't need activating) because I suspected I had some malware embedded in one of the apps I was running, and guessed it would have a problem running on XP64 and this seemed to be the case, but after more than a year I finally nailed the real problem down to a HDD that had started slowly increasing it's latency time from milliseconds too tens of seconds after a low level format, which I mistook for malware eating up clock cycles, the upshot being I'm now back on XP32.

UK-Tim, Oct 6, 2023
  4. ClippyBeer

cleverscreenname

Yeah, this was news to me. Of the hundreds of WinXP installs I've done over the years, I've never once used a non-VLK version. I completely forgot activation even existed lol!

cleverscreenname, Nov 25, 2023
    xperceniol likes this.
  5. ClippyBeer

moelopes

Hello ClippyBeer,

I have an Acer Aspire 4520 laptop manufactured in 2008 (old but is perfect...).
    I used Windows XP Pro on the old Toshiba hard drive.(Lost Win XP Register Key)
    But now with your help, I'm running a Win XP Pro SP3, registered and on an SSD.

His explanations were perfect and to the point.
    For me, everything was smooth and easy.
    Thank you so much for helping us.

Your post motivated me to register on this forum.

Cheers from London/UK.
    Mauricio Lopes.

moelopes, Feb 4, 2024
  6. ClippyBeer

Chomot

I just imaged an old PC with XP Pro 64 SP2 edition and did all the update from legacy update to make it current. I am getting the 30 day activation notice and when I try and run (xp_activate32.exe) it will not get the ID number from the system, I get an, Error - Failed to initialize license manger box with red X and an Ok that closes it. I tryd to enter the number in manually and that did not work either and hitting enter resulted in the same error box.

Has anyone had this same issue before and if so what was the solution?

Chomot, Mar 3, 2024
  7. ClippyBeer

cleverscreenname

Chomot, is this your first time on XP Pro 64? The reason I ask, is to see if you've had any trouble running that image on other computers.

Do you have access to any Corporate/Volume License Key ISOs? I only have VLK ISOs of XP and XP64, so I don't have any experience with activation.

cleverscreenname, Mar 9, 2024
  8. ClippyBeer

tekkaman

I think XP 64 was only released as a VLK and doesn't require activation. Although I could be wrong.

tekkaman, Mar 11, 2024
  9. ClippyBeer

desktopuser

Thank you for the tool and the person who started this thread.
    But this tool would have been useful before 2015. After 2016 it was Win7 every where. Win7 was starting to
    pick up.
    As for XP it served its purpose very nicely. But now with or without this tool WinXP cannot still be revived.
    The market for XP is dry. "The bear has already crossed the mountain, there is no use carrying an axe
    after its gone". Hope u understood that.
    But i will be impressed if someone posts a Win7-8-10 or even Win 11 Activation tool.
    That would be glorious to possess.

desktopuser, Apr 2, 2024
  10. ClippyBeer

xperceniol

Gosh this is disappointing, I was really hoping to see XP be revived and also hoping this forum would build up again. I might be one of the few members with two computers running XP on 'bare metal' installations fully activated and recovery CDs for both as these computers came with XP preinstalled.

We still don't know whom the new owner of this forum is going to be yet. I've been away but I'm checking in and I so no official announcement as of yet.

xperceniol, Apr 3, 2024
  11. ClippyBeer

cleverscreenname

LOL, activation was cracked and distributed shortly after release of every Windows version.
    Many Windows versions were even cracked during their beta stage.
    Have you never downloaded on Kazaa, Bittorrent, etc? We didn't realize activation even exists, because it was removed before it started.

How can you revive something that never died? Scores of people like myself use XP every day, and yes also on the internet.

cleverscreenname, Apr 18, 2024
    xperceniol likes this.
  12. ClippyBeer

tekkaman

I think what the other person is talking about is activating Windows 7 and up with a process that imitates the phone call and activates Windows. It's different from a crack because no Windows files will be modified or deleted.

I do know what you mean though. I was using Windows 7 RTM before Windows 7 hit the stores haha. Good times. I felt so privileged. Like I was using something from the future that wasn't available yet to everyone. Activations after Windows 7 changed though, and it's always a process to keep validating the activation with KMS or something. There was a Windows 10 called Ameliorated. Where the author just deleted the whole activation process altogether.

tekkaman, Apr 18, 2024
    xperceniol likes this.
Ask a Question