Windows 11 - love or hate it.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Aunty Jack, Nov 15, 2023.

1. Aunty Jack

Aunty Jack

Adelaide, in my dreams as my wife tells me.
    OK, call me a pirate. Obtained a Windows 11 .iso from an archiving site. Pre-activated. In all other respects un-played with genuine copy. Installed to SSD with Rufus. (Non-TPM, used my existing profile on Win 10, disabled a few things when creating the install USB which Rufus offers.

Away we go. Spent quite some time shutting down all Microsoft "gifts, offers, other Charlie Romeo Alpha Papa things. Used a small app Start11 to dispose of some Linux like icons, change the taskbar and Start panel to offer the same as Win 10. Right, all done. Avast Anti-Virus and my usual programs installed. Ummm, all I can say is fast and far more stable than Win 10. In fact to use an American term, the version of Win 11 I have now is, and will be my "daily driver".

Hardware.
    AMD 78LMT board
    4Hz 8 core cpu.
    16Gb RAM
    A not so great AMD Radeon 6450 graphics card
    System installed on SSD
    Boot from cold 15 seconds

The main thing for me is stability no matter what is running or how many are running. Puts Win 10 out to a quiet paddock to graze on grass

I don't know how many members keep XP but use Win 8.1, 10, 11 but anyway.

Cheers,

Aunty Jack.

Aunty Jack, Nov 15, 2023
    cleverscreenname likes this.
  2. Aunty Jack

Hunter2021

I have a legit copy of Win11 with my Huawei Matebook laptop. I been using it offline the whole time. To go online I use Deepin Linux on a second partition. Waiting for Huawei to officially launch Harmony OS PCs then I can finally kick Windows to the curbside for good... Useless spyware that's only good when put permanently offline!

Plus Win11 experience... what a disaster. What once only took a right click and a left click to complete, you now have to click a 3rd time because they inserted a stupid 2nd menu into the GUI!!

Hunter2021, Nov 15, 2023
    cleverscreenname and McNut like this.
  3. Aunty Jack

Hunter2021

So long Microsuck! (The only reason Windows is ever useful to me because of Visual Studio. I haven't got a clue how or what to use to make apps in Linux and Huawei already got their own IDE to make apps for [Open]Harmony OS!)

Also, remember USA brought this about to their own tech companies. If US never sanctioned Huawei, they'd still be making Android phones and Windows PC's and we wouldn't be standing here reading about impending release of Harmony OS PC's!

--------

https://www.huaweicentral.com/harmo...or-pcs-is-coming-and-huawei-is-working-on-it/

HarmonyOS operating system for PCs is coming and Huawei is working on it

Published

12 hours ago
    on

November 16, 2023
    By

Deng Li
    [​IMG]

Huawei is working on the HarmonyOS operating system for PCs and it’s coming soon for laptops, notebooks, and PCs, reveals related input from tipster FixedFocus.

In August this year, Huawei released HarmonyOS 4 for smartphones, tablets, smartwatches, TVs, Routers, and other smart devices. The company also announced a smart car cockpit system with this new HarmonyOS version.

However, the company is still selling its PCs and Notebooks running Microsoft Windows operating system. Although, the US bas blacklisted Huawei from purchasing all of its technologies but Microsoft, Intel, and Qualcomm have a special exception from supplying new software and 4G hardware to the Chinese tech maker. Therefore, Huawei can release new notebooks with new chipsets and software.

Unlike its other consumer-based products, PCs are the only ones to feature and it seems like Huawei may soon adapt PCs to HarmonyOS as well.

Regarding the launch date, the tipster said that HarmonyOS for PC devices could unveil next year and it’s highly possible that the company would choose Huawei Developer Conference 2024 as a launch event.

[​IMG]

Cross App Support?
    There’s a huge question regarding its app ecosystem, a user in the comment section asked whether the software will support cross-platform applications such as Android or Windows on this new HarmonyOS version for PC.

On that, the tipster replied that Huawei could use a multi-platform simulator engine to resolve such concerns.

Conclusion:
    This is a piece of exciting news for all of the people that may have been waiting for the launch of this new software. However, we’ll have to wait until the tech maker announces such news officially.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2023
    Hunter2021, Nov 16, 2023
  4. Aunty Jack

Samir

Hate it. If I wanted a mac, I'd get a mac...

Samir, Nov 17, 2023
  5. Aunty Jack

McNut

I totally second this exact issue with the Win 11 GUI! Why in the 7734 would anyone want to move down to the bottom of one dialog box and click on "More Options" [or whatever they call it] to bring up a second dialog box - that looks totally different by the way - to simply execute a paste!

Win 11 is nothing more than a Madison Ave, Mass Media and Propaganda outlet that - sometimes - lets one use the software needed to make a living with! As I've mentioned before on these forum boards, it is not what the fathers of personal computing had in mind back in the late-70s and early-80s ... as in they never intended for a home PC to become another form of network television!

McNut, Nov 19, 2023
    cleverscreenname likes this.
  6. Aunty Jack

cleverscreenname

The only Win10 I'll boot is my ISO copy of Ameliorated edition :) It was hard to get, but now I feel better knowing I can send it to anyone else.

https://ameliorated.io/

Oh hey, they updated for Win11, sweet.

cleverscreenname, Dec 3, 2023
Ask a Question