Want to install XP Pro over 10

Discussion in 'Windows XP Installation and Setup' started by DarryljustDarryl, Sep 17, 2023.

1. DarryljustDarryl

DarryljustDarryl

SO.. I'm new here.. Hello everyone and thanks for having me. I will get right to it. I am a die hard XP Pro person out of necessity. I run an old version of solidworks (2007) and use it a lot. The newer versions are very expensive . I have a very old lap top ( Dell Inspirion 1300) that I run a legit XP OS but it is starting to give me problems and I'm afraid that its going to crash on me soon.
    PROBLEM: can I purchase a newer PC with windows 10 on it and install my XP on it. I don't ever have this laptop on the internet and the only thing I use it for is for running Solidworks. Thanks in advance... DD

DarryljustDarryl, Sep 17, 2023
  2. DarryljustDarryl

tekkaman

You can't install XP on new laptops. Most likely you'll get acpi errors and setup won't even run. Only 2 things you can do:
    1- Buy another used laptop that can run XP. Manufactured from 2001 to 2012
    2- Use VirtualBox to run XP inside Windows 10 virtually.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2023
    tekkaman, Sep 18, 2023
    DarryljustDarryl likes this.
  3. DarryljustDarryl

cleverscreenname

You'll have issues if the computer is UEFI only, but another poster just accomplished it in this forum and wrote about it. Drivers could be a lot of searching, unless you download a one-size-fits-all driverpack, such as the ones at website driverpack.io

cleverscreenname, Dec 3, 2023
Ask a Question