USB driver automatic install breaks after integrating updates

Discussion in 'Windows XP Installation and Setup' started by K4sum1, Sep 27, 2023.

1. K4sum1

K4sum1

It doesn't seem to matter what base (XP/2003 x86/x64) I use, if I integrate an update pack, USB drivers don't automatically install anymore. A side effect of this is that I can't boot and install from USB anymore either. If I Install it and plug in any USB device, the found new hardware wizard pops up. If I follow it, it just automatically installs the USB driver. Why does it not just automatically install the driver without the wizard?

K4sum1, Sep 27, 2023
  2. K4sum1

K4sum1

So for Server 2003 x86 I found that it was my 4GB Sandisk it didn't like. The USB drivers seem to detect other devices fine and auto install, however I have to reboot for them to be recognized, and it wants me to manually install the generic volume.

K4sum1, Sep 27, 2023
  3. K4sum1

cleverscreenname

Yep, I've had that happen before, boy is it annoying!! I think it was only when using Tiny's versions of ISOs. Now that I nLite/vLite my own, hasn't happened since.

If it helps, I used AutoHotKey to create a small script to auto press enter (slowly) a few times after booting exactly for the purpose of getting your newly-detected KB and Mouse installed, and changed it to an exe. Did you want a copy?

cleverscreenname, Nov 30, 2023
Ask a Question