Slipstream SATA drivers with windows XP installation CD

Discussion in 'Windows XP Installation and Setup' started by Micik, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Micik

Micik

Hello to all,
    I want to make a slipstream installation of windows XP with SATA drivers. I know I can use nlite. I have read the instructions ad they are very straightforward. However, I have one possibly very dumb question. I cannot find SATA drivers for my SATA HDD. On WD website there is no such thing as SATA drivers download.
    Where can I actually find SATA drivers? On one website I have read that the motherboard's chipset is the key. So, is it possible to use chipset drivers and include them in the windows Xp installation.

Actually my problem is very simple. I have one old win Xp computer with IDE drive that is failing. Now I want to install new HDD (I have only SATA) and I'd like to try to restore Acronis image. Since this probably wouldn't work because backup image is made from IDE drive, I have decided to make installation of win XP from scratch. Since the computer doesn't have floppy unit, (and I don't have drivers), the better solution would be to include drivers with nlite to installation.
    Where can I find SATA driver for the following HDD WD: WD3200AVVS?

Thank you very much.

Micik, Oct 21, 2017
  2. Micik

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Oct 22, 2017
  3. Micik

Micik

Helo Elizabeth and thank you for the reply. I have also find a good step by ste instructions on how to use nLite. The problem was where to find drivers because there is usually no separate "SATA" page for downloading drivers. What I can conclude from the downloaded files is that SATA drivers are actually contained in the chipset drivers. Is that right?
    So basically all I need is to download chipset drivers from the motherboard manufacturer's webpage, unpack them (to obtain *.inf, *oem and similar) and add them in nLite.

Micik, Oct 22, 2017
  4. Micik

Elizabeth23

possibly, or unpack the zip file from link in my last reply and use that, the one time I slipstreamed sata controllers I was able to get the controller from the manufacturer's website (dell).

Elizabeth23, Oct 22, 2017
Ask a Question