Power on problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by Urosm, Dec 23, 2023.

1. Urosm

Urosm

Hello everyone, this morning when I turned on my computer, this appeared. Everything was working fine yesterday when I turned it off. If anyone knows what this is about, I would like to ask for help. Thank you

Attached Files:

Urosm, Dec 23, 2023
  2. Urosm

Madeleine Takam

It’s just the Bios booting on your Robot Teach Pendant.

Is it stuck at this screen?

Are you using T1 or T2 mode?

If stuck at this screen then it is the KUKA drive they are known to be CACA.

I suggest you get your manager to get maintenance in to fix. If they company has let all maintenance go, then it is your boss’s capitalist God (Mammon) punishing him/her/pronoun for not reintroducing slavery.

Madeleine Takam, Dec 23, 2023
    Mr Siamese Cat likes this.
  3. Urosm

Urosm

To be honest, I didn't really understand what you were trying to say. when I turned on the computer this morning, the process of turning on the computer stopped at step 3 (picture), however, after a couple of attempts to turn it on, the protocol continued as shown in the pictures. Whereas before this, the Windows startup continued immediately after step 1. Can you perhaps understand me a little more precisely what I'm talking about?

Attached Files:

Urosm, Dec 23, 2023
  4. Urosm

Madeleine Takam

Yes, I know exactly what you are talking about. – Do you? - is the question though. You are trying to boot an industrial production line Robot control box. This is a perfectly normal Bios boot for this kind of machine. However it is sticking on booting windows XP.

The drive that is installed in the control box may have a problem. What can also happen is that the connection leads to the drive become dislodged. So, you will need to open it up and fix.

I suggest you pull the maintenance manual off the web for the exact model of your machine.

Is this the only Robot controller box you have?

Where is the Robot? That is the thing that moves and makes things in the factory you work in. It is connected to the control box you are asking questions about by a large diameter cable, as the cables are never more than 3 metres long you cant miss it.

Is this in a factory?

Is there not someone who deals with maintenance in the factory that this machine is located in. Or have you somehow acquired a “Robot Teach Pendant.” And don’t have a clue what it is, where its from or what it did? Because your question and replies make it sound as though you have used this machine for some time.

Madeleine Takam, Dec 23, 2023
  5. Urosm

Urosm

Hello, in consultation with a computer technician, I was told that there could be a problem with the battery on the motherboard, do you also think that it could be a problem that it is fried because the temperatures are very low at the moment and it could happen that the battery empty during the night while the robot is not working.

Urosm, Dec 23, 2023
  6. Urosm

Madeleine Takam

Now you have explained that you are using the system in a cold environment, I have a better understanding of the problem.

The most likely scenario is that the hard-drive (Hard Disk) is beginning to fail or is rather old, cold and tired. You are seeing a normal Boot Screen, that you would normally miss because it is normally quicker. That is all. Sometimes these systems have CF drives in which are always slow, but I thing yours is an old PATA drive judging by the capacity on screen.

So do the following:

1. Open up machine.

2. Replace the Bios Battery (That was what your “technician” mentioned.) always a good idea.

3. Clean all connections especially to the hard drive. Use a compressor on low setting.

4. Unplug and re-plug the hard drive.

5. Make note of hard drive – get a replacement.

6. Clone hard drive using Ghost or some other cloning software.

7. Replace the hard drive with the new cloned hard drive.

8. Read through some of the manuals and watch the video links I have sent.

9. Get the company Boss (Is that you????) to hire someone who knows about computers and robots.

10. Finally at night before you shut everything down and turn out the lights. Leave out cookies and milk for the Robots and perhaps a large play football. That is when they come alive, because there is no one to watch them.

https://support.focusintegration.com/knowledgebase.php?article=5

https://www.scribd.com/document/548757753/English-Manual-KR-C4-Extended-NA-En

I am afraid although I used to design Pharmaceutical Manufacturing plants, I am now retired and I am rather tied up this Christmas stopping my mother-in-law from eating the Christmas decorations. My daughters think it is funny, which I find rather annoying, as they are both doctors and should be dealing with this while I deal with the roast and dinner.

Madeleine Takam, Dec 24, 2023
Ask a Question