Mypal browser

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by David leach, Dec 16, 2023.

1. David leach

David leach

I downloaded mypal-68.13.1.en-US.win32 to my xp desktop. How do I now run it?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2023
    David leach, Dec 16, 2023
    xperceniol likes this.
  2. David leach

j896

I will post this again because i just noticed my reply was in the wrong thread.....You have to unzip the file now. I use 7zip. make a folder on your desktop or some were you can find it unzip it to that folder now open that folder you may have to click it a few times to see the files then look for the little racoon face click that and my pal will open. . if you want then make a shortcut for your dektop so it shows there. Dont delete the folder you made or it wont work any more.....

j896, Dec 16, 2023
    ClippyBeer and xperceniol like this.
  3. David leach

xperceniol

xperceniol, Dec 16, 2023
  4. David leach

David leach

Thank you that helped. When I clicked on the folder there was the option to extract all files (windows version of unzip). I did so then looked for the raccoon, right clicked to create a shortcut, left clicked and the mypal browser launched successfully. Thank you again.

David leach, Dec 16, 2023
    xperceniol likes this.
  5. David leach

ClippyBeer

Wow. A new member that actually posted a follow-up after someone replied with advice.
    So rare on this forum lately.

ClippyBeer, Dec 17, 2023
    j896 and xperceniol like this.
  6. David leach

xperceniol

Yeah, I know, right? Too bad this forum has been so quiet and I'd hoped it would pick up again as it used to be with new members asking questions and replying.

@David leach ... so glad things worked out for you and I hope you enjoy Mypal as much as I do :)

xperceniol, Dec 17, 2023
  7. David leach

j896

When Feodor2 was doing Mypal 28 it was in EXE file you just installed it. Now 68 it is what it is . If and when a new version is released just unzip it to that folder again and you will have the new version.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2023
    j896, Dec 18, 2023
    boss1968 and xperceniol like this.
  8. David leach

boss1968

My question is, does one then delete the old MyPal folder when the new version is released ?

boss1968, Dec 19, 2023
  9. David leach

xperceniol

I don't delete the previous version I re zip it and save it - you don't have to overwrite the version you are using and since these are now zipped builds you can literately run both or multiple versions, but keep in mind they would be running off the same profile.

C:\Documents and Settings\DELL\Application Data\Mypal\Profiles\6etdmxrj (whatever your profile name is)default

I hope that helped you somewhat, sometimes I don't get it right but I mean well. :oops:

Any further questions, don't hesitate to ask and there are people here that will guide you further.

Enjoy and have fun :)

xperceniol, Dec 19, 2023
    boss1968 likes this.
  10. David leach

j896

xperceniol is correct you dont have to re zip the new version into the same folder you can just make a new folder to do it... I just do it that way to not have a bunch of mypal folders and remember which one is the new one ;)

j896, Dec 19, 2023
    boss1968 likes this.
  11. David leach

boss1968

Yes, I was just wondering what to do with the extra folders each Mypal version will create ! LOL If I only will use the current version, why keep the other folders, then, if they are not necessary ? ;-)

boss1968, Dec 20, 2023
  12. David leach

boss1968

Right. I now have two Mypal folders : the previous version and the current browser. So, if it gets updated soon, at some point, then I'll have three folders. LOL How many folders can one man take ? :p

boss1968, Dec 20, 2023
  13. David leach

xperceniol

Yeah, I would used the most current version of Mypal.

https://github.com/Feodor2/Mypal68/releases

We're at version 68.13.7b now.

You can certainly save the other files and folder for safe keeping just in case you want to (for some reason) go back to the older version(s)

I hope that answered your questions :)

xperceniol, Dec 20, 2023
  14. David leach

boss1968

Yup ! Thank you, sir !

boss1968, Dec 21, 2023
    xperceniol likes this.
  15. David leach

xperceniol

^You're quite welcome :)

xperceniol, Dec 21, 2023
  16. David leach

ClippyBeer

type
    Code:
    about:profiles
    in the URL field and it will tell you the location of the current profile and allow you to add/remove profiles.

ClippyBeer, Dec 21, 2023
    xperceniol likes this.
  17. David leach

xperceniol

Thanks you, ClippyBeer ;)

Also don't forget Mypal will create (both) the main profile as @ClippyBeer stated, and a local profile as show in the attached picture. I keep a close eyes and use Ccleaner to delete everything from all my browsers.

[​IMG]

C:\Documents and Settings\DELL\Local Settings\Application Data\Mypal\Profiles\6etdmxrj.default

Of course I"m giving you my main profile names and this would go according to your own computer and profile name, I hope I'm not stepping on any toes by posting too much - I'm just a humble guy learning something new every day and trying to also deal with my own limitations.

Enjoy Mypal because I think its simply fabulous and hope you also agree.

Be well :)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2023
    xperceniol, Dec 21, 2023
  18. David leach

xperceniol

[​IMG]
    If you've been lucky enough to have used the older versions, I would keep them and save them for testing purpose(s).

Your maim profile is in the Root Directory, while the local profile (still the same name) is in the Local Directory

Everyone ... Mypal is the greatest thing since sliced bread IMO :D and I hope others enjoy this awesome browser as much as I do; and don't be afraid, you can't really mess it up so long as you save the prefs.js file (which, in turn, can be used for future profiles as a user.js to get you up and going.)

[​IMG]
    But as I said, I use Ccleaner to delete practically everything after I use it and most of what you see there is then gone. We are still trying to figure out if the canvas remains, though, because I really liked poisondata from New Moon browser and I wish the developer would somehow interoperate something along that line for this lovely browser.

I use the following:

[​IMG]

But again, we (as far as I know) still have the feeling that the canvas remains. Dang ... please chime in XP members if you all know something regarding this canvas concern that I don't.

Thanks you in advance to the xpforums crew and staff.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2023
    xperceniol, Dec 21, 2023
  19. David leach

xperceniol

News Update: The latest version has been updated to 68.13.8b

Anybody else enjoying this browser as much I have been?

xperceniol, Jan 7, 2024
    boss1968 likes this.
  20. David leach

boss1968

Oh yes ! It has saved my entire browsing experience ! LOL So many sites that did not load on my old Chrome, are a cinch on MyPal now. Wonderful product and a game-changer !

boss1968, Jan 8, 2024
Ask a Question