Microsoft is dead!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Hunter2021, Jul 17, 2023.

1. Hunter2021

Hunter2021

It started when they copied the looks of Deepin Linux (a Chinese distro) to make the Windows 11 GUI. World's leading American PC software company suddenly started imitating Chinese software.

Next is Chromium open source project contributing to MS's demise. Both Deepin and MS took the open source Chromium project and made "proprietary" browsers out of them. Not only is Deepin Browser compatible with most modern websites just as Edge is, it also works more smoothly due to lack of spying features inherent in MS Edge.

Next is Deepin always leads in OS design. Their newest build (still in beta) will have bifurcated centered taskbars. MS copied their centered taskbar style for Win11, so they made an even better one. This is something MS will inherently imitate in Windows 12/13, two bifurcated taskbars side by side instead of one. Like the days when tabbed browsing became hip instead of opening multiple browser windows, tabbed taskbars (ie. bifurcated taskbars) is the new "in" thing.

Next is Huawei is suppressed because of inability to manufacture chips using leading edge nodes which means Harmony OS for desktops/laptops is suppressed.

In the future, when Huawei (and China) gets back in the game of making their own chips, Harmony OS will prosper.

The day when you can buy an ARM (or RISC-V) laptop powered by HarmonyOS kernel and Deepin suddenly thought it was a good idea to run/build Deepin OS GUI on top of the HarmonyOS kernel instead of Linux kernel, that day will be the last nail in the coffin for MS!

Meanwhile, I'm running WinXP/7/8 until that day...

Last edited: Jul 17, 2023
    Hunter2021, Jul 17, 2023
  2. Hunter2021

tekkaman

Centered task bar is kinda used on Macs too. Sure you can call it a dock if you want but it is centered. I think that as long as many businesses, schools and universities promote and use of Office 365 Microsoft would never be truly dead since it only really works on Windows.

You can say that Libre Office is an alternative. And it is really good until you start receiving documents from other people. Even if you install MS fonts it is not 100% compatible. I'm a Linux user. And I have installed the paid version of Softmaker Office. But I still have Office 2007 installed for documents that won't work. Softmaker is almost there. Until you have to open powerpoint presentations from other people. Softmaker doesn't have a publisher alternative either.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2023
    tekkaman, Jul 17, 2023
    Elizabeth23 likes this.
  3. Hunter2021

Hunter2021

Preview of Microsoft Windows 12... er I meant Deepin v23. The BIG MS eyeing this design with lust. Win12 WILL sport a similar bifurcated centered taskbar. The day the WEST begins copying the EAST, their software no longer fun to use.

Win12.png

extix-deepin-refracta-vmware-230403.jpg

If China leading OS design just using parts made by other (ie. Debian Linux base) imagine what can be accomplished when China replaces the parts under the hood... Then the design and underhood become superior to Western counterparts!

Hunter2021, Jul 24, 2023
  4. Hunter2021

ClippyBeer

Yea sure, MS is worried that yet another Linux distro is going make even the slightest dent in their dominance of corporate and home desktops. Your next computer purchased from Dell/Lenovo/HP/ASUS/Acer etc. will come pre-loaded with DeepinOS.

You must be smoking better marijuana than I am to believe that, and believe me, I am smoking some really good sh**!:D

ClippyBeer, Jul 25, 2023
  5. Hunter2021

MisterEd

Don't you know that everything in China is owned and/or controlled by the Chinese government? I bet they are worse than Microsoft with spying on people. That is why Huawei was blocked by western countries. They didn't trust that the Chinese wouldn't spy on us.

Most of the Linux developers are volunteers. I bet development of Deepin is funded by the Chinses government. The Chinese are determined to dominate the world this century. I think a lot of the servers around the world are powered by Linux. The Chinese long term plan is probably to dominate that market also.

"Developed in China, Deepin did go through a period where a good portion of the Linux community was concerned that the operating system was tracking information via the Deepin app store.

To add to that concern (whether it was intentional or not), Deepin was completely acquired by Wuhan Deepin Technology, which is a state-run corporation. That means the Chinese government has even more control over Deepin OS. That doesn't however, mean there should be any concern. Deepin is open source, so anyone can audit the code, which is housed on GitHub."

Deepin 23 Preview shows the Linux distribution has plenty to offer
    https://www.zdnet.com/article/deepin-23-preview-shows-the-linux-distribution-has-plenty-to-offer/

MisterEd, Jul 25, 2023
  6. Hunter2021

tekkaman

I hate MS since Windows 10 beause of the spying. I have Linux as a main OS on my laptop. But I can't deny the fact that most business use Microsoft Office. You can create impressive work with Corel, Open Office or Libre Office but the problem is when you have to receive documents from other people. Chances are they'll be most likely in MS format. I bought Softmaker Office and I have it installed on Linux. And it works really well. Compatibility with MS docs is really high. But it's still not 100% so I have Office 2007 installed as well on Linux.

I think what Hunter2021 is saying have some truth though. MS does in fact imitate other OS interfaces and makes nonsensical changes to the UI because if it.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2023
    tekkaman, Jul 26, 2023
  7. Hunter2021

WindowsXPforLife

Not dead yeat but definitely it lost something & just copying from others. Microsoft killed Internet explorer which, in comparison to modern shit, is pretty good (especially, I guess, 8 version) & does not desirve all hate even in older days. The adoption of JavaScript & HTML, CSS instead of their own VBScript & .NET.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2023
    WindowsXPforLife, Jul 28, 2023
Ask a Question