Managing over 20 hard drives

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Hunter2021, Jan 17, 2024.

1. Hunter2021

Hunter2021

This device helped me to organize over 20 hard drives. You don't even need to put it into your machine. Just connect a SATA-USB adapter and you have a 4-layer external hard drive (or if you're like me have a 2nd set of SATA+power cables sticking out of your mini-PC)!

Stack.jpg

Availability: Aliexpress, I haven't checked on eBay yet.

As to why I have over 20 HDD's? I bought them as spares for my 10 pre-Windows 10 machines (or 14 if you count the family PC's as well). I figure (hard) drives will get better in a few years, so I will then put all the data onto 1-2 drives. At which point these drives really become spares. I just refreshed the data on them, so I have 7 years left to not care...

The other thing is 20 drives sounds like a lot. But I keep a double copy of everything. In effect I only have 10 drives' worth of data doubled over 20 drives, or as the techies like to put it in a RAID configuration!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2024
    Hunter2021, Jan 17, 2024
  2. Hunter2021

Madeleine Takam

20240117_191231.jpg Why that’s amazing, I personally give all my old hard drives to the local yacht club, so they can use them as anchors. Here is this weeks donation below. I have never managed to pick up anything useful from AliExpress. Although there was the one time, I picked up a FGM-148 Javelin for $7,500. I donated that to some Houthi chaps, who said they were about to throw a party for some Western Imperialists or something like that. The Vicar said that the Alderley edge crochet circle didn’t require it at this time.

(Take note: when you are advertising for AliExpress, try and spell the name correctly)

Madeleine Takam, Jan 17, 2024
    cornemuse likes this.
  3. Hunter2021

Hunter2021

What kind of dumb response is this?

When you type in the address bar, do you enter AliExpress or Aliexpress (dot com)? Meaning do you PURPOSELY make life difficult for yourself with the extra capitalization? :eek::rolleyes:o_O

(P.S: I would have used the CRAZY smiley, but there is none!!)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2024
    Hunter2021, Jan 18, 2024
  4. Hunter2021

Hunter2021

BTW, you guys are seriously deluded into thinking Alibaba/Aliexpress is Chinese or attacking so called Chinese companies like Lenovo.

Huawei is 100% Chinese. That's why the USA tried so hard to attack it and failed miserably (Huawei is back to printing their own chips via SMIC instead of TSMC, which the USA threatened to sanction if they didn't comply).

Now, think for a moment, y USA attacked Huawei and left Lenovo alone? It's because Lenovo is founded by a Chinese traitor who has the same goal as the USA to overthrow the Chinese Communist Party.

Alibaba is half owned by a Korean billionaire living in Japan, the richest man in Japan is actually this Korean billionaire (Korea and Japan are vassal states of the USA not independent entities). So right off the bat Alibaba/Aliexpress is only half Chinese, or rather half USA vassal state.

The other half of Alibaba ownership is actually Wall Street. In other words, Aliexpress/baba is the darling of Wall Street bankers ran by Goldman Sachs and co. I don't even need to advertise Aliexpress, Wall Street will do it freely out of USA elite bankers' interest via Google/Bing ads!

Lately, I've been wondering y I never ever HAD TO PAY A CUSTOMS DUTY when buying from Aliexpress. Even if I buy a $1000 USD laptop and have it sent from China, the item gets away from customs scotts free of import fees. It's becoz Aliexpress is the darling of the USA elite investment Wall Street bankers, so it's given special treatment, a free pass at customs!

Remember, anyone here attacks Aliexpress, you are actually attacking the financial interests of your sugar daddy the banker elites of America! Jack Ma is just a clown, a public figure to justify Aliexpress/baba's daily nuances to American investors...

Hunter2021, Jan 18, 2024
  5. Hunter2021

Hunter2021

Where I live, we have a local Chinese supermarket chain that was bought out by some White guys who also owned their own "White man" supermarket chain. After the change of ownership, they left everything alone. You wouldn't even know the store had changed ownership.

It don't matter all the profits went into White man's pockets. Chinese continued to shop there as usually so long as Chinese got to be employed there and get paid! Basically so long as the store's operations supported other Chinese (employees), and employed Chinese managers etc., they were perfectly fine with White man owning the business.

THEN, I witnessed personally the local police was harassing this store chain during the Covid-19 lock downs, imposing this fine and that fine, basically nitpicking everything about the store simply because of the Chinese name. White man police attacking White man owned business that was previously founded by a Chinese bought and sold out to them... The stupidity and idiocy of it all! White man cops thought it would be some Chinese that has to pay all those fines, not/never another White man!

Saddens me to see the very thing happening to Aliexpress, Americans attacking interests held by other Americans investors on the New York stock exchange...

Hunter2021, Jan 18, 2024
  6. Hunter2021

Madeleine Takam

No problem with China. Wan Gang still sends my husband and myself a Christmas Card every year after out visit to Ministry of Science and Technology. Just confused why you keep posting stock photo’s from AliExpress???? For instance, the stock photo above of the thin sheet steel cage you posted. One usually references companies the way their Logo and incorporated name is spelt. Daniel Zhang (The actual CEO of AliExpress) would definitely prefer you to type it correctly and also to talk about some of their more premium products. He also says they do pay their import duties.

Couldn’t be bothered to read the rest of your political polemic, on this Windows XP Computing Forum.

Madeleine Takam, Jan 18, 2024
  7. Hunter2021

cornemuse

!!!!!

cornemuse, Jan 18, 2024
  8. Hunter2021

Madeleine Takam

Polemic = Impassioned diatribe. It is spread over a number of threads. No photos of his actual builds, but stock photos of various equipment sold on AliExpress. I am not the only person to point it out.

If there anything more you want help with let me know.

Madeleine Takam, Jan 18, 2024
  9. Hunter2021

Hunter2021

It's all verbal diarrhea coming from you.

Like I said I was quite amused during the Covid-19 lock down (and so were other Chinese grocery shoppers). Basically a bunch of cops came and cracked down on a Chinese supermarket franchise that's actually owned by White man. The Chinese founder took their 150million prize and walked away long ago (probably start another type of business). White man became bag holder of the supermarket chain. It became something like White man opened up a bunch of Walmart stores but employed all Chinese staff. If they didn't do it, even a trace of White man employee working at the store, all shoppers would flee to nearby REAL Chinese supermarket...

White man cops came and attacked White man business entity with fines during Covid-19 lock down. Highly entertaining to on lookers like me...

Hunter2021, Jan 19, 2024
  10. Hunter2021

Madeleine Takam

Yep… definitely mental. Seek psychological help.

Madeleine Takam, Jan 19, 2024
Ask a Question