Lightning Superman (Why I stopped Watching Hollywood Movies)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Hunter2021, Dec 18, 2023.

1. Hunter2021

Hunter2021

Novel REBOOT Concept

Peter Parker didn't turn into Spider-man until he got bitten by a radioactive spider.

Why couldn't Superman be the same?

The only thing in the world just as fast as Superman is lightning.

Basically, in the reboot, Superman has been storing up energy from the sun into his body like someone keep depositing coins into his piggy bank. An accident happens in his teens, he was struck by lightning, which then activated his powers a la Peter Parker-style. Lightning is the catalyst, not the source of his powers.

BUT this Superman is NOT like past Superman's. Every time he uses his powers, his body is shrouded in lightning. It adds a little bit of visual pizzazz to his appearance on the silver screen...

Also, once he uses his powers, which comes from sun energy stored in his body, it begins to deplete. So, this type of Superman is not only vulnerable to kryptonite, but also energy depletion. He becomes a mortal after used up all his energy. It takes some time to recharge back up...

Different Types of Supermen

Lightning isn't the only thing that can activate a Kryptonian's powers. There are Krytonians that were activated by other elements other than lightning.

Superman Cracks the Funniest Joke in the World

Fighting bad guys is such a piece of cake for lightning Superman, he even has time to take a superspeed bath/shower right on before he fights the bad guys boss!

Why I Stopped Watching Hollywood Movies

The last Hollywood movie in the theater I'd seen was Avatar 1. The other movie I liked was Disney's Tron 2.0 live action movie. If you look at the end credits, the visual SFX of Tron 2.0 was worked on solely by Chinese and Japanese CGI artists. This kind of collaborate actually brings out the best in both worlds. Tron 2.0 was the only Hollywood movie that WOWed me in terms of effects.

The only thing that can make me go back to Hollywood movies is another collaboration between East and West like in Tron 2.0. I don't care if the movie stars a White person, just let some Chinese dudes work on the action sequences, the visual SFX and also the action sequence part of the script.

This short segment (starting from 1:16:27) from a made-for-TV movie captures more of the heart/essence/spirit of Superman than any actual Hollywood Superman movie I'd seen to date...!

LightningSupes.jpg

(Click here to watch the segment that starts at 1:16:27-- do watch it with speakers on, the soundtrack accentuates the segment even more!)

If Hollywood and China got together and made a Superman movie starring some Westerner/Non-Asian person, I would be the first in line to purchase a ticket upon theatrical release... Becoz I know the movie will kick more arse than if Hollywood made the movie on their own!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2023
    Hunter2021, Dec 18, 2023
    xperceniol likes this.
  2. Hunter2021

j896

Peter Parker is a earth man.. Superman is an alien from another planet maybe thats why .

j896, Dec 18, 2023
    xperceniol likes this.
  3. Hunter2021

Hunter2021

But a Superman that just discovers his powers on his own isn't as fun as a Superman must be subjected to a lightning strike in order to tap into his own extra-terrestrial powers!

Hunter2021, Dec 18, 2023
    xperceniol likes this.
  4. Hunter2021

j896

Yes you are right . I stoped watching the superman movies a long time ago . Im not interested in them any more. Warner bros had to think up something new like the lightning strike to make there millions

j896, Dec 18, 2023
    xperceniol likes this.
  5. Hunter2021

Hunter2021

Laser.jpg

Laser beams have very narrow diameters. I can relate more if Superman shot lightning beams out of his eyes instead! Earth is under attack by an alien spaceship. Superman glares the spaceship with weak arse tiny diameter lasers beams hoping to destroy it... Nah!

It's more like he shot out two powerful streams of lightning which when used in pairs (one from each eye) causes more damage than one to a greater surface area, and also short circuits the spaceship's navigation/weapons systems...

Westeners are often small thinkers. Chinese when do some thing do it grandly. Just look at those huge artificial islands China built in the South China Sea. It's why USA needs China's input to wow movie watchers like me who have gotten quite used to and bored of Hollywood's small ideas/concepts...!

The other thing you can look at to compare East and West is wormhole space travel in STAR WARS, it's a monochrome straight tube inside it. The Chinese version has twists and turns with all colors of the rainbow like those rainbowy deep space NASA pics of galaxies!

Hunter2021, Dec 18, 2023
    xperceniol likes this.
  6. Hunter2021

j896

Not all Westeners are small thinkers i would have to disagree with that statement. But anyways have a good rest of your day i must get ready to go to work..

j896, Dec 18, 2023
    xperceniol likes this.
  7. Hunter2021

Hunter2021

Unfortunately, you are wrong...

I don't know how Hollywood could take something colorful like this:

Nebula.jpg

And turn it into something utterly boring, dark, dull, and monotonous like this (what I was shown in SW Ep VII where they were conversing inside a spaceship within the wormhole...)

Wormhole.jpg

Welcome to a better, more realistic world (worm hole as envisioned by Tencent, a Chinese company -- notice how it twists and turns bringing intrigue and mystery into the atmosphere...!):

Tencent1.jpg Tencent2.jpg

Stuff like this one of the many reasons why I began ignoring Hollywood. They're full of small-minded, limited color spectrum thinkers and they don't know it! In the future, China will easily prevail over the West with their more realistic, insightful, and grandiose form of soft power...

I will add one more last thing. Worm holes are supposed to be some form of vacuum in space, which means they also suck in light. In STAR WARS, the worm holes are gloomy, dark, and unlit. In the Tencent work, the worm hole traps brightly lit patches of light!

Hunter2021, Dec 18, 2023
    xperceniol likes this.
  8. Hunter2021

j896

You have to understand how things work over here. It's all about money! The big studios give the film makers a limited budget to work with and they have to try to stay within it.. So they may not use the best CGI or cut corners when they have too. I dont know how things work in china . When you say small thinkers how about film makers like James Cameron or Steven Spielberg or George Lucas to name a few these guys are definitely not small thinkers and have made some of the best movies ever made in my opinion!

j896, Dec 19, 2023
    xperceniol and Elizabeth23 like this.
  9. Hunter2021

Hunter2021

Do you even know how money works? In the West they blow hundreds of millions of USD on visual SFX and it doesn't impress me as much as some East Asian studio spend a mere 100K on some scenes!

Here's another example of small minded, narrow vision, limited thinking: Coral reefs.

The Hollywood version is just an extension of the barren, monotonous, monochrome worm holes you see in SW:

Reef5.jpg

Meanwhile, the Chinese version of a coral reef looks more lively and colorful like a pretty fantasy forest in the fairy tales, but one deep under water!

Reef1.jpg Reef2.jpg Reef3.jpg Reef4.jpg

Hunter2021, Dec 21, 2023
    xperceniol likes this.
  10. Hunter2021

Elizabeth23

Sorry, but scenery takes second place to the action and storyline. :)

Elizabeth23, Dec 23, 2023
    j896 and xperceniol like this.
  11. Hunter2021

Hunter2021

BUT this is another area where the East excels over the West. If a Chinese author actually wrote Harry Potter instead of JK Rowling, Voldemort would have been killed by Harry half-way thru book 1. It reflects the West's narrow minded limited mindset thinking. There would be a gazillion bad guys more powerful/cunning/witty than Voldemort in the Chinese version...

This is the reason why I'm currently hooked on any anime series produced by Tencent, which is China's richest and largest entertainment company. They always set up their plot like "Voldemort" dies in the final episode, then it shocks you to see him go very early on. That moment, I always think "OMG the bad guy just died, how they supposed to fill the rest of the plot now? What is there left for the protagonist to do, or who to defeat?" Then you're in for the treat, you find out the plot has only moved 1/3 of the way thru the ACTUAL story...

Last edited: Dec 23, 2023
    Hunter2021, Dec 23, 2023
Ask a Question