How can I get updates for my win XP after fresh install?

Discussion in 'Windows XP Installation and Setup' started by riosisi, Jun 9, 2021.

1. riosisi

riosisi

Hi, how can I get genuine updates and security patches for my win xp fresh install?
    My dad had a pc with windows xp home edition and his hdd died, or is dying. So I saved all of his files and now Im searching how to install updates after the windows updatetoll has been discontinued, I believe on april 2020?

I found this site https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=xp
    and typed xp and it found all the updates from 2004 till may 2019, but I dont know if I should download all of them for the xp version, is there somwhere a list of updates that should be downloaded, or how should I proceed?

I also foud this guy

But i dont know if its safe or not, because I should download a commad prompt script for running wsus and it is from an russian site and it will allow me to download the updates trough windows update minitoll.

So how should I proceed? And btw i dont want to install the unoficial win sp4, because this is only for EN distros, I believe and I want only the cz one.

I would really apriciate every help I can get. Because it is really timeconsuming and i dont want to bloat the pc with all kinds of nasty things.

riosisi, Jun 9, 2021
  2. riosisi

red Guest

hi
    if you have xp sp3 the just do the last top of the list on catalogue, the older ones wont be needed ,if you do not have sp3 then can get from internet archive catalogue is only way to get last updates ,
    long live xp :)

red, Jun 15, 2021
Ask a Question