Hello!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by McNut, Sep 13, 2023.

1. McNut

McNut

As I've had an interest in "reviving" a powerful piece of Win XP abandonware for quite some time now, I'm looking for the best laptop - fitting our basic needs - that's fully capable of supporting XP ... and beyond perhaps?

Anyway, I hope to learn a lot about what's "new" with mighty XP here in XPForums!

McNut, Sep 13, 2023
  2. McNut

BellicoseBloke

So what is that powerful piece of abandonware?...What you choose should match it. I got laptops that have OpenGL 2.0 or 2.1 & they run Maya 4.5 but with issues, same with Nichimen Mirai, However running either on XP machine with OpenGL 1.x is perfect & flawless... This is also why those who have newer garbage OS trying to run old app in a VM have limited success. If OpenGL 2 don't run version 1 apps right there's no hope for anything further...

BellicoseBloke, Sep 13, 2023
  3. McNut

TMTGTR

What is the name of the abandonware?
    Is it Coolpro 2 or Audition 3 by chance?

TMTGTR, Sep 13, 2023
  4. McNut

McNut

I honestly don't mean to be a jerk, but, no, it's an obscure very comprehensive [and very expensive] DVD-A authoring tool that's still proprietary.

McNut, Sep 13, 2023
Ask a Question