Harddrive broken? Or system error? IDK

Discussion in 'Windows XP Installation and Setup' started by F1stickman, Dec 3, 2016.

1. F1stickman

Elizabeth23

2. F1stickman

F1stickman

Thanks so much, Elizabeth, because i think i will buy the $30 hard drive. You have been of great help. If you wouldnt have found these sites i probably would have stripped it down for parts.

One last thing if you wouldnt mind (not hard/software related). We have another computer that has an older gigabyte motherboard. It has been running slow and heating up fast. I have found 3 popped capacitors on the motherboard and wondering if they are the cause of it heating up and running slow.

Not a big deal if you dont know the answer but it would be nice...

Thanks for your incredible help with my netvista though! 5/5 for how helpful you are!

F1stickman, Dec 9, 2016
  3. F1stickman

Elizabeth23

the overheating caused the blown capacitors, not the other way around, you can buy a bigger fan and install it and when replacing motherboards, they have to be exactly the same as the previous one on an oem install or your product key is voided.

and there is some thermal paste somewhere that has to be replaced, I have read about that but is not something I have ever done.

you can also open the case and have a fan blowing into the case to keep the innards cool. :)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
    Elizabeth23, Dec 9, 2016
  4. F1stickman

F1stickman

Ok, thanks for everything! So happy that somebody was so nice and helpful! Seeya!

F1stickman, Dec 9, 2016
  5. F1stickman

Elizabeth23

Okey dokey :)

Elizabeth23, Dec 9, 2016
Ask a Question