frozen black screen when XP starts GUI Mode on modern MB...fixes??

Discussion in 'Windows XP Installation and Setup' started by RobBoBorg, Sep 5, 2022.

1. RobBoBorg

RobBoBorg

Hello XP Forum members,

While Trying to install Windows XP, my computer hangs at the “Please wait, setup is inspecting your computer’s hardware configuration” screen. This happens while trying to install Windows XP Pro on a modern(for windows xp sp3!) MSI FM2 A85 MB with the "WinNTsetup" utility!!

I used the WinNTsetup utility to avoid getting stop errors from running xp setup fromm a usb drive(have had bad luck with hardware stop errors with installing XP Pro SP3 from usb drives with winsetupusb or rufus previously!!)..so would like to know if this is a driver issue,modern hardware issue or software coding issue??

I would also like to try using winnt32 exe setup switches via command line to create a local xp setup folder on the primary sata hard drive to get the xp setup to complete the installation process...so if anyone has links to xp winnt32 exe setup parameters/switches would appreciate it in a reply!!

RobBoBorg, Sep 5, 2022
  2. RobBoBorg

tekkaman

Ask a Question