First Foray into Digital Projectors for the PC

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Hunter2021, May 25, 2023.

1. Hunter2021

Hunter2021

RECENT UPDATE:

THE GOOD
    ---------------

This projector (Redmi/Xiaomi 1080p projector 2nd gen) is really kool. I have used it for 2-3 months already. Not a single spec of dust trapped within the optical system -- it was designed to be dustproof. The only cleaning I have to do is wipe dust off the outer lens.

The auto-focus is really precise. I can't imagine doing it manually, I would never get such a sharp image.

The image adjustment is also very premium/top quality. I have never once gotten an image that was slanted by more than 1 degree. I project my image very close to the wall edge/corner. I can see the gap difference between the top of the projected image and bottom from the edge of the wall not more than a few millimeters. It makes me think of those military/contractor grade GPS systems that are more accurate than the consumer versions!

THE BAD
    ------------

I can see why the industry suddenly jumped onto the 4K bandwagon. 1080p is still much too blocky/pixelated on a projected image. My next projector will not be less than 4K resolution!

Xiaomi is NOT a luxury brand. It's a premium brand but just not luxury. The projector produces really bad contrast in dark scenes. I think my next projector will be an even more premium brand like Hisense! Last I read Hisense laser projectors produce very colorful images and show greater details and contrast in dark scenes.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2024
    Hunter2021, Apr 15, 2024
Ask a Question