Error message

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by Ross79, Nov 6, 2023.

1. Ross79

Ross79

Hi everyone and thanks to let me join the forum I’m trying to fix an old window xp professional pc which until last week was working fine, then I started it again and I am getting a system 32 missing files error found a video on YouTube on how to deal with that but then I get this screen,
    Hopefully someone can help
    Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

Ross79, Nov 6, 2023
  2. Ross79

tekkaman

Missing files could be from a bad hard drive that has corrupted files or maybe a virus. You have to check the smart data of that hard drive.

tekkaman, Nov 7, 2023
  3. Ross79

Ross79

Thanks for your reply
    I bought a cd on eBay that stated it would fix the problem, but that screen came up when I was running the repair process, I then managed to get an original dell repair cd and all is fine now
    Thanks again

Ross79, Nov 7, 2023
  4. Ross79

tekkaman

Yes, XP has a repair mode that basically installs XP on top of itself without losing your data. It would be nice to know how the data became corrupted in the first place so it doesn't happen again.

tekkaman, Nov 7, 2023
  5. Ross79

Ross79

I’m sorry but I’m not a pc/windows gurus like your self I wouldn’t no the only thing I know is that the battery on the motherboard was flat at the time and since the last time I powered up the pc I deleted some programs which non of them where related to windows , I’m not that daft

Ross79, Nov 7, 2023
  6. Ross79

tekkaman

You can use HD tune to check the smart data. Anything that says bad sectors or uncorrectable errors should say zero. That way you know the hard drive is good.
    https://www.hdtune.com/download.html

tekkaman, Nov 8, 2023
Ask a Question