Download error

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by Evo1, Feb 21, 2024.

1. Evo1

Evo1

I have a problem with opening sites on Windows XP. An error appears, it says "The page cannot be displayed" I tried to download other browsers (i'm using chrome) and the error still appears. Help please.:(

Evo1, Feb 21, 2024
  2. Evo1

ClippyBeer

Get a Macintosh. Learn how to use search engines.

ClippyBeer, Feb 21, 2024
    xperceniol likes this.
  3. Evo1

Evo1

I don't need Macintosh or Hackintosh. I have windows 10 i'm using virtual box.

Evo1, Feb 21, 2024
  4. Evo1

Madeleine Takam

Typing: virtual box "The page cannot be displayed" into Google gives the following helpful results.

https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?t=83487

https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?t=50110

https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?t=1141

But as a rule of thumb on any system from Windows NT4 and 95 all the way to Windows 11.

You should always set the network manually at the very least in TCP/ IPv4 to the last hardware firewall you are using in any chain from the ISP rental box or personally bought firewall connecting to your ISP.

For those folks who like to work above 1Gbit network speeds then you know you really should beat TCP/IPv6 into submission and set that manually too.

Obviously anyone using WIFI as a home network doesn’t need to really bother, as your speed will not rise much above 100Mbits and any Gbit connection is a waste of time.

Below is screen shot of my old set up for IPv4. I don’t know what you have set your hardware firewall up as, but that should also act as your preferred DNS server. No clue what address you have put your machine on, but if your machine is set up as 192.168.0.1 I can only suggest you post all your bank account details on hacking sites.

upload_2024-2-22_13-13-52.jpeg

Madeleine Takam, Feb 22, 2024
    xperceniol likes this.
  5. Evo1

tekkaman

It could also be that he needs to use Serpent Browser, Mypal or 360Chrome

tekkaman, Feb 26, 2024
    xperceniol likes this.
  6. Evo1

j896

Thats what i would try first. Download it with your windows 10 then go in to virtual box and set the drag and drop to bidirectional . .. Start up XP and drag one of them browsers from window 10 to XP . I would drag it to xp Desktop so to find it easily. You may want to install the guest additions in to virtualbox so to use XP in full screen mode and outher features..

j896, Feb 28, 2024
    xperceniol likes this.
Ask a Question